Defensive Carry banner

Appalachian concealment sale

22K views 230 replies 49 participants last post by  ScreaminBagger 
#1 ·
Appalachian concealment, another site supporter, has holsters on sale as well. $45 plus shipping, I had to order one for my shield. Can't wait till it gets here to try it out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#203 ·
I appreciate that very much.

There is so much more I want to do and expand into, the issue is with being a one man shop how do I market, manufacture, re-stock supplies, R&D, perform regular CS, etc. I have been trying to introduce an OWB for six months, unfortunately just the everyday stuff keeps me busy. Finding time for everything else is very difficult.

Thank you for considering me, I hate to turn business away, but getting something brand new that I haven't done before could be very problematic. More than anything I would hate to disappoint a customer with a sub-standard product.

Reactions: Taurahe
#205 ·
:wave: Well I am doing something I love, in a field that is also one of my lifelong hobbies. I interact with amazing people who I very much enjoy. I escaped to this from a job that was literally ruining me, working for and with people who cared nothing for anything but their own selfish interests. It paid very well, for years I walked through that companies security turnstyle praying for a way to something else. I hated it that much.

Appalachian Concealment is still in the early stages of growth. I need it to, at the very least double in size to fully support me. There are some things that aren't great, working by oneself does get a bit lonely at times. The feeling of being completely in control with zero support can be daunting, but also exciting.

Overall it's building relationships, doing something that makes a customer happy, and performing that function to a high enough standard that it makes that person a friend. A piece of this small company belongs to each person who chooses to support it. For that I am thankful.

Reactions: ks kid and ChAoS84
#206 ·
Did you ever think of doing gun shows?
The last show I was at there was a kydex bender that must have had 40 various holsters, sheaths, hatchet sheaths, blue guns... all on display.
First time I've ever seen any kind of holster maker of any kind at the small shows I go to.

#207 ·
Long term plan: One day I'll have a mobile shop where I can travel to shows, exhibits, schools, events, etc. would love to modify an Airstream trailer into a mobile Kydex lab. It's just going to take time and money.

#212 ·
Two going out in the AM to a member here:

I still owe him a mag carrier, and it delayed his shipment until Friday. I don't do a lot of them and every time I get an order for one it's like I am a beginner Kydex bender all over again; I mean really, how hard is it to make a square molding. :mad: Pretty hard. :yup:

Reactions: Taurahe
#217 ·
Re-designed carrier with active, adjustable retention. I wasn't 100% happy with my original mag carrier; it worked, but it was a pain in the rear to get right and took way too much time to build, re-adjust, tighten retention, and then make pretty. So the re-design uses a grommet, post, screw, and washer to control tension. It's actually a simpler design, but with more parts. (Loop not yet added).

#219 ·
Shipping out to members today:

Gladius for a G19 and the new adjustable retention mag carrier for Rat that got delayed from the rest of his order due to a needed re-design/upped perfection factor. :image035:

The extra hole above the retention hardware is so you can run the loop off to the side if you so choose. I actually prefer the attachment point over the mag, but some don't.

#228 ·
It won't be optimal if it does work, Colding. I have had plenty of guys say they do, but the sub-compacts have some differences that the compacts and full size guns don't, namely the dust covers are different. The two larger guns have rails and the sub's are thicker there at the dust cover. You will also be dealing with that excess Kydex in length over the G26.

#229 · (Edited)
Oops, made a mistake before and called this one for an LCP, it's an LC9 - LC9S that I just added.

Ruger LC9/LC9A added to the list of guns I build holsters for. This one is going out to a member here; Gladius in Stealth Gray.

#230 ·
Matthew, I traded the 19 for a 26 and wanted to let you know that the holster still works! I sanded down the muzzle end a little to take out the empty space. I also added a wedge to help push the butt further into my abdomen. Works great. I have total concealment and great comfort. Here's a few pics of what I ended up with..

#231 ·
I received my Appalachian AIWB Gladius yesterday for my Ruger LC9s and I couldn't be more pleased. It exceeded my expectations of both quality and comfort. I can hardly tell that I'm wearing it. The gun mold trade program is a great deal and even though the mold had to be ordered and shipped to Matthew, the turn around time to my door was awesome. Great product, Matthew.

Gun accessory
Gun accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.