Defensive Carry banner

Appalachian concealment sale

22K views 230 replies 49 participants last post by  ScreaminBagger 
#1 ·
Appalachian concealment, another site supporter, has holsters on sale as well. $45 plus shipping, I had to order one for my shield. Can't wait till it gets here to try it out

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Taurahe, the Carbon Fiber Kydex for your Shield is good to go.

What would have been the finished product: Glockman10mm, there was just something about the Stealth Gray for your G23, (shown with G17/22), that just wasn't up to my standards. This one is getting scrapped, maybe used for a trial for those not sure about AIWB being right for them. However, it will not carry the Appalachian Concealment name.

There was just a tad bit of wavyness in the Kydex under the muzzle, on the edge, close to where the eyelet is placed, something I think I could fix pretty easily with a re-heat/heat gun, but something just doesn't feel right to me; it isn't perfect. and I just didn't think the draw/fitment was exact enough. Also, with the higher ride height you requested the wedge isn't lined up where I would want it to be, I need to modify that a bit. It will still ship tomorrow, I just demand perfection out of myself; I'll carry a slightly "off" holster for testing, but my customers won't. :tongue:

#9 ·
Taurahe, the Carbon Fiber Kydex for your Shield is good to go.

That sir is some serious turn around time! I am super excited. It looks fantastic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: matthew03
#13 ·
That looks like what my son picked up. Pretty minimal.

#15 ·
This is minimal; Slick little Non-Permissive Environment, Minimalist Rig for Sig 938.

I am a fighting size gun carry guy, but I must admit I am wanting one of these little Sigs.

#17 ·
Are they? I've only used them on full sized guns, seems they would be really handy on the Sub-compacts and mouse guns.
While I was building this one I came up with an idea to really enhance their use from the pocket. I will modify one this weekend and see what you guys think.

#21 ·
Got mine today Matt. Thanks. It looks very good, and I'm wearing it now with the g22. It fit the g23 perfect, and the 26 even fits.

I'm going to use it for a week or two and do a review.

Also, the minimalist trigger cover is very cool. I've never used one before, so it's going to be fun to experiment with that.
Thanks for the quick turn time!

#25 ·
I have no idea how you fit the Sub-Compact in there, the lack of a rail makes it not work... Usually. :embarassed:

Glad it worked for you, must be some freak accident on my part during fitting. Wish I could duplicate that.

#36 ·
Just placed an order. I've looked at a bunch of kydex designs and although I'm not sure I've seen a 'perfect' design as of yet, this one seems to come close. My indecision if you can call it that is mainly due to the fact that I'm pretty new to the appendix carry and I've done a fair amount of experimenting with a DeSantis Sof-Tuk for both my M&P 9c and my LC9s but haven't quite found that 'perfect' position. Without that ideal spot, it's hard to find an ideal holster. This will be my first all kydex holster and from what I've seen/heard of Matthew's work I think the current asking price is a great value and will hopefully fit the bill just right.

#42 ·
After a small delay on the part of USPS, I have this thing in hand (actually in my pants but that kinda sounds weird). I'll put some polished thoughts and some pics on the review thread but for now just know that I am very pleased with this holster. Thanks Matt!

Hurry up and get one. Now.

#41 ·
Yes, I started that sale the day I opened for business, it has almost been a year, (I think mid to late January 2014). I will be going up to the full price sometime in 2015, but I will let everyone know in advance. At $45 I don't make much, per the time and labor that goes into an Appalachian Concealment Rig. I wanted to get my name out there, and give everyone a chance to try one out, with out much risk involved. I possibly will be only offering holsters in black Kydex when supplies run out or only offering colors in special runs, not quite sure on how I will do this in the future, but having stock in certain colors that just sit, and aren't popular is a headache.

Thank you for considering my Kydex for a Christmas gift. I'll certainly fix you up a nice one. :smile:

#43 ·
:danceban: I'm glad that showed up today, seems it got stuck in Dallas for an extended stay. Until your package, I had been amazed at the USPS's fast work on these, in fact I had been watching packages arrive at surprising speeds. One got from me, in hillbilly mountains of Virginia, to Chicago in two days.

I would just chalk it up to Christmas time rush. Knock on wood, they haven't lost one yet. :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.