P226 TacOps Holster

P226 TacOps Holster

This is a discussion on P226 TacOps Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just put an order in for a Sig P226 TacOps from my LGS, so I'm looking for an OWB holster for it. No holster ...

Thread: P226 TacOps Holster

P226 TacOps Holster

I just put an order in for a Sig P226 TacOps from my LGS, so I'm looking for an OWB holster for it. No holster maker I've seen has mentioned the TacOps specifically in their drop down menus, but there have been options for the P226 with Picatinny rail, which the TacOps also has. Will a holster designed for a P226 with the rail also fit my TacOps?

I have trouble keeping up with which Sig uses which rail, I think the gun with the R after the model, (PP226R) uses Sig's rail. The Mk25, (P226 Navy), have the Picatinny Rail, the Military's standard rail. I could be completely wrong, but I think the P226 TacOps has the curved Sig rail on it. I own a P229R SCT which is the TacOps without the Beaver Tail and it has the curved rail.

On the plus side, if I am correct, holsters with the Sig rail are more available. I know quite a few people on Sig Forum have complained they have a very limited selection of holsters for their Mk25's because of the use of the Picatinny Rail on that gun.

To the best of my knowledge, the TacOps is just a P226R with a Beaver Tail.

Sponsored Links