Anyone use raw dog tactical?

This is a discussion on Anyone use raw dog tactical? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These seem like exactly what I have been looking for. Anybody use these? http://www.rawdogtactical.com/products/...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WisBen
  • 2 Post By SHTFGearLLC
  • 1 Post By SHTFGearLLC

Thread: Anyone use raw dog tactical?

These seem like exactly what I have been looking for. Anybody use these?
    http://www.rawdogtactical.com/products/
    Last edited by WisBen; November 30th, 2014 at 01:24 PM.
    CIBMike likes this.

I actually just ordered one today.

Sponsor
    Nice website, looks like a well done single clip hybrid! I would argue with their theory on rivets though. I agree that nickel plated steel rivets suck (very common in the US), but solid brass rivets are good to go if set properly (With enough force ensuring that they don't buckle to the side).

-Clay

I like how the clip is set up. Not sure about having ~5 retention screws. I'd be concerned that some/all would loosen over time and would need semi-regular adjusting, leading to fluctuations in retention level that a riveted kydex holster wouldn't be subject to.

I'm not sure what kind of rivets Tommy Theis uses on his hybrids, but I wore the same one for 2+ years and it's still going strong.

Distinguished Member Array vice87's Avatar
    hey for $40 you can't go wrong to try it out. looks like a nice compact hybrid.

but yeah, I did a double take at the amount of rivets. could be modified I spose.

not a fan of clips either. but like I said, $40. when most simple holster like this are $50 or $60+

I was going to buy a TCB Firearms kydex for $75 and ended up with the exact same hoslter from Cry Havoc for $45 out the door on their Black Friday deal. good price to give it a shot!
    the whole world is three drinks behind.

Thanks for the replies guys. I originally asked my wife for an Alien Gear for Christmas, but considering their lead time, I might have to change my mind. I also like the single attachment of raw dog, but would prefer a belt loop. I don't know, it just seems like a smaller, single attachment would be easier to put on and off, and less cumbersome to wear compared to a crossbreed style holster.

Quote Originally Posted by WisBen View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I originally asked my wife for an Alien Gear for Christmas, but considering their lead time, I might have to change my mind. I also like the single attachment of raw dog, but would prefer a belt loop. I don't know, it just seems like a smaller, single attachment would be easier to put on and off, and less cumbersome to wear compared to a crossbreed style holster.
    I ordered yesterday, and I got an email today saying it is in the shipping process. Not bad considering it's the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by flytoride View Post
    I actually just ordered one today.
    Flytoride, I'd be interested in seeing your review posted when you receive your new holster.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by WisBen View Post
    I think single and double clip hybrids both have their advantages, we expect to release a single clip hybrid in the next few months to take advantage of them. In my opinion, if you are carrying strong side, just behind the hip then the dual clip set up is the most secure (but a bit more difficult to put on). However a single clip gives you more flexibility in where you can position it on your belt line. If you are looking for a high end dual clip holster with a 5 day lead time, check out our holsters at SHTF Gear Holsters - American Made, Fast Shipping, Comfortable Holsters

-Clay

Thanks for the info Clay. I know everything is sort of a trade off in the CCW world. I have some pondering to do.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links