Defensive Carry banner

Which gun belt do you use?

11K views 92 replies 81 participants last post by  Stetson 
#1 ·
If you are going to pack heat in an IWB, then you better have a good belt.

Which belt do you like for boots and jeans days?

Which belt do you like when you need to wear more dressy business attire?

#5 ·
I've worn either the BeltMan or the Armour belts for the past ~8yrs. Have several, and I think they work fine for casual and more-dressy attire.

#8 ·
A&G all the way.

#9 ·
Wilderness tactical Instructor 5 stitch. I wear it every day, all day long. Both jobs, play, shopping, chopping wood..... it does it all. When I dress up, I wear my LCP in a SHTF gear holster so weight doesnt make a difference and a dress belt works fine.

Reactions: G26Raven
#12 ·
I had been wearing a belt from White Hat, and recently switched to a Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch. I carry either a P226 or 92FS in IWB hybrids. Both are very durable.

If I need to fancy myself up, I've actually got an old western style reinforced belt with some silver and custom style stitching. Wasn't bought as a gun belt, wasn't even carrying at the time, but it has worked well.

#16 ·
I don't wear any particular brand of belt. But there are some qualities all of my belts have.
Single thickness leather. Split leather is flexible and that is the problem. The thickness has to be 3/16 or 1/4 inch.
Width of at least 1-1/8 inch. Wider is better, but not all slacks have loops for 2 inch belts.

Most IWB holsters are made to surround the belt. Some do this better than others. The thinner the clip on the holster, the more important to match the belt to the holster.

#22 ·
I will be the contrarian and disagree with you. For me, carrying IWB does not require as stiff a belt as OWB.

Everything but Sunday go to meetin' attire is worn with a 5.11 Instructor belt.

YMMV, IANAL, PFY, OICU812... :wink:

#23 ·
I just got a Belt Man 1.5" bullhide belt that I'm very please with.

I haven't tried IWB yet but I have a Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake coming in the mail for my 4" Ruger GP100 with half lug barrel and fixed sights. I hope it works in that role, but as for the belt it seems to be supporting this gun perfectly in a Safariland duty holster worn OWB.

#27 ·
If you are going to pack heat in an IWB, then you better have a good belt.

Which belt do you like for boots and jeans days?

Which belt do you like when you need to wear more dressy business attire?

Not many boots and jean days here, mostly flip flops and shorts. Not many wear belts, mostly big pockets.

I'm no longer in heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.