Hit the Jackpot

This is a discussion on Hit the Jackpot within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Man, it's like Christmas came again. My Andrews Hybrid Saddle (for the Sig P220)arrived in the mail today!! I ordered it back in September, hated ...

Thread: Hit the Jackpot

Hit the Jackpot (Photos Added)

Man, it's like Christmas came again. My Andrews Hybrid Saddle (for the Sig P220)arrived in the mail today!! I ordered it back in September, hated waiting, but again it's well worth the wait. Sam does OUTSTANDING work. I am simply amazed at how well this holster allows full concealment of a pistol the size of the 220.

Also, when I checked the mail, I found that my Galco Concealable (for the Sig P229) was there!! This is another amazing holster, actually, this is the interim holster until my Brigade Gunleather M3 Enforcer arrives, probably at least another 10 weeks or so. The Galco is a nice holster, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Andrews holster. The workmanship and quality overall of the hybrid saddle is heads and tails above that on the Galco. The main thing with the Galco is that it really does a great job concealing the 229. I'm quite impressed.

From the left is my JK coded P220 in the Andrews Hybrid Saddle, on the right is my Colt Gov't Model Series 70 in the Andrews Hybrid Saddle with thumbreak.

From the left is my CZ85 Pre B model in the Brigade Gunleather M3 Enforcer and on the right is my Sig P229 in the Galco Concealable. The Galco is comfortable, but I can't wait for the Brigade Gunleather M3 to show up for the 229.
    Last edited by JayHawker45; February 5th, 2007 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Pictures Added
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

2. Remove Ads

How about some pictures?!

Assistant Administrator
    Jimmy - unless pics can be linked from a hosting location we are a bit SOL for a while - until we get gallery and attachments sorted out.

I have always heard great things about Andrews rigs - and our late friend and CC member Bob Ford IIRC was also a great exponent of them and knew (Sam is it?) Andrews well.

Glad to hear you are well pleased - it's so good to have a great rig for a full size gun and find it does a stellar job.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I love my Sam Andrews Saddle Style (not hybrid!) very much. And it is a nice piece of craftsmanship for less than you might expect to spend that conceals my 229 very nicely. I finally called Sam after much research and thought that was helped along by the high regard apcarmed held for Sam and his work. And I am glad that your Galco worked out, Jay, because I have one coming on Monday from over on SIGForum for my 239 which I will use until I can make up my mind on a custom rig.

As far as a hosting site for pics, I've been using http://www.photobucket.com for about two years or so with great results. No rabid anti-gun policy like so many other sites, decent storage space and IT'S FREE!!!
    Jack

+ 1 on photobucket!!

Sam makes some very fine holsters. Love my McDaniel II/ Lot of my cowboy shooting friends also use his leather.

Photos are now added :)
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.

Distinguished Member
    nice looking rigs, I like the Andrews Hybrids. let us know how you like them after you have had a chance to use them.
    RKBA

John

Thanks, I surely will.

I Appreciate Quality...

Nice pics...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I have around 5 or 6 of Sam's holsters for different pistols. He's a great guy to deal with and talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    I have around 5 or 6 of Sam's holsters for different pistols. He's a great guy to deal with and talk to.
    He really is, the hard part is waiting for the holsters to arrive. I've ordered at total of 3 from him so far. The hybrid saddle with thumb break, ordered back in August, only took maybe 5 days to arrive. I then ordered the same model for my father's 92FS, that took a weekend to arrive--so I was really spoiled with that fast turn around. The hybrid saddle for my 220 took about 16 weeks to arrive! Though it's well worth the wait. I've found that it's comfortable enough that I've already been able to take a nap with it on.

Links