DeSantis Cozy Partner II First Impressions

This is a discussion on DeSantis Cozy Partner II First Impressions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know everyone is different, but I am finding that carrying a full size 1911 is not as easy as I thought. As I am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: DeSantis Cozy Partner II First Impressions

I know everyone is different, but I am finding that carrying a full size 1911 is not as easy as I thought. As I am beginning to slim down a little, I am finding the weight of the gun wants to pull my pants down. I am used to carrying OWB in a pancake holster. But I don't have a nice rigid one for my 1911. I was picking up some ammunition today and decided to see what Academy Sports had in the way of a nice IWB. The recently started carrying DeSantis and as luck would have it, the only good holster that they had was a DeSantis Cozy Partner II.

I have always liked kydex in the past do to the thin profile, but the leather used in the CPII is fairly thin, yet rigid enough to provide good retention. So I decided to give it a try. Really, it was within my price range. I immediately put it on and was impressed from the get go. It holds the gun nice and tight in the holster and to the body. No printing issues at all. It also has a medium ride height so you can get a good grip on the pistol.

I know its only been a day using it, but I am really liking it so far. We'll see how well its doing after a month or so. And for those of you who like looking at pictures...

Nice rig.

A bona fide gun belt does wonders for heavy pistols.
    gasmitty likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

your experience has better than mine. I too have one for my 1911's and it has been less than ideal. First, retention sucks, because the retention device stripped out as soon as I tried to put some firmness to the holster. Second, I have found it to be rather unstable with an all steel 1911. And before you belt guys get crazy on me, I have a wilderness tactical 5 stitch as my EDC belt. Overall I have been rather unimpressed with mine to say the least, but it still isnt the worst thing out there. Hope your fares better than mine
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

That is a different looking holster, almost pancake like with a bit of Summer Special mixed in.

Yeah, it'l do until I can get me a nice kydex rig. I'm still looking to see who has a nice comfortable model that will work for me.

VIP Member
    I have a Cozy Partner (non II) for my M&P c, and use it on occasion.
    It is a well made holster, but some hate on it for some reason.

I usually carry the Sig pro in a Tagua single wide clip holster as I like just putting the pistol and firearm in and going, and sometimes have to disarm, and don't want to be screwing around threading a holster in and off.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    That is a different looking holster, almost pancake like with a bit of Summer Special mixed in.
    It's in fact, an interpretation of a 60s Seventrees, the first commercial maker of what I call an 'advanced waistband' design. At that time waistband holsters were largely simple pockets with a metal clip on them. Paris was the first to mould them, configure them to carry at an angle, and place a wide loop on them to position the pistol at an ideal height for comfort, concealment, and drawing. Bruce Nelson's summer special followed, then my Pistol Pocket for Bianchi which was then improved eith an adjustable angle device on the wide belt loop.

1 bucheimer.JPG 2 seventrees.jpg 3 nelson.jpg 4 bianchi (1).jpg 4 bianchi (2).jpg 5 desantis.jpg

The last pic in the above series is an example of what DeSantis calls the Cozy Partner, this one made entirely of a synthetic material that I created, and it could not absorb water like leather waistband holsters.
    matthew03 and Taurahe like this.
    Red (Richard) Nichols
    "Chief Holster Scientist"

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Red_.../about_us.html

"Crazy" me

"Quote": And before you belt guys get crazy on me, I have a wilderness tactical 5 stitch as my EDC belt.

I had a 5 stitch Wilderness 1 1/2" which ended up in the Salvation Army box. It was replaced with a Wilderness 1 3/4" reinforced which is much better - does a good job with a medium load out. For a heavy load (1911 or N-frame with accessories) it is way behind the Beltman in the support department.

Belts and holsters, no matter how good, are still only going to do so much when toting an all steel 1911. Interesting that Academy has Desantis stuff now. Guess I'll go check them out.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Is that Desantis reinforced at the top for one handed re-holstering?
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array denclaste's Avatar
    I've had no problems with the 1 1/2" 5 stitch Wilderness in carrying my FS 1911's. Sparks Summer Special 2 or Nexus(my new favorite), Bullard Bodyguard, OGL Axe, and a few others. I don't like the feel of plastic next to my skin so don't have any. As soon as Reds line is available I'll have to try one. Since each of us is different in build and wants, the choices are out there for us to try.

I recently bought one for my Glock 27. Works great & I often forget I'm wearing it...just what I want in a holster!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    "Quote": And before you belt guys get crazy on me, I have a wilderness tactical 5 stitch as my EDC belt.

I had a 5 stitch Wilderness 1 1/2" which ended up in the Salvation Army box. It was replaced with a Wilderness 1 3/4" reinforced which is much better - does a good job with a medium load out. For a heavy load (1911 or N-frame with accessories) it is way behind the Beltman in the support department.
    I agree completely, but none of my pants have loops big enough for a wider belt.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

It is reinforced at the top for one handed re-holstering. And I wear my 5.11 operator belt when my belt loops allow a 1.75" belt. Otherwise its a 5.11 reversible belt. I had a Blade-Tech Nano for my last 1911, but included it when I sold the pistol. I should have kept it. It was very thin and comfortable. I may have to get another. I am a huge fan of kydex, but this is a really nice leather holster for $60.

Holsters with those leather straps and snaps have never worked well for me under a shirt for concealment. Those straps print bad on me. It gets very thick with a layer of leather, gun, leather, then more leather. Then the first u layer of the strap under the belt, then the belt and finally the top part of the strap with the snaps. Seven layers if you count gun and belt.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links