DeSantis Tuck This

This is a discussion on DeSantis Tuck This within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I received a tuck this holster today and I have to say that I'm completely unsatisfied with it. This thing won't stay in one place ...

Thread: DeSantis Tuck This

DeSantis Tuck This

I received a tuck this holster today and I have to say that I'm completely unsatisfied with it. This thing won't stay in one place for any amount of time at all. I know its a cheap holster, but it's pretty much useless IMO. The G26 works up and out of the holster at times and if it's not doing that it will shift and go below the belt line. I find it to be extremely dangerous and I would never carry a Glock in it. I walk around with my hand on it because I'm afraid it won't stay in place. I would not recommend it.

J.S.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Yep, pretty much most folks opinion .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I have a Desantis SOB and love it. For an IWB, I just ordered one from UBG.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

I was thinking about a DeSantis pocket holster and I am probably going to look at something else now.
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I also ordered a pocket holster from UBG.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Lead Moderator
    Desantis makes decent holsters, not as neat or nice as custom, but very usable. the Tuck This is a crappy model, though.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

me
    I am glad that I am on this forum. I had initially thought about buying a "Tuck This" some months agobut decided at the urgingof many here to buy custom. Gary hasmy order and I will get the holster about the timeI graduate college and am back home where I can use it. I like some others have ordered the holster prior to buying the gun.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

My DeSantis Nemesis is fantastic.

If you are looking for an inexpensive and quickly available Tuckable IWB take a look at the Highnoon Split Decision. I have one for my Bersa and it works great...for this small of a gun it simply disappears when used in either mode...

i have tuck-this holsters for my Beretta 92 and Bersa .380 and haven't had any problems with them. they stay in place and don't cause the gun to rise up out of the holster either. the only issue i have is with my Beretta, since it's a bit heavier than my other guns it tends to pull down on my pants. But I think that's more of a belt issue than a holster issue.

Picked up a Nemesis pocket for my G26 this afternoon. I'm satisfied with it. It works about as well as a pocket holster can work for a gun the size of the G26 IMO. It's probably the most comfortable method in which I've carried this gun.
    Draw time is good and greatly depends on the pants your wearing. I love the idea of being able to have your hand in your pocket at any time without drawing attention to yourself.

J.S.
    Last edited by js; February 9th, 2007 at 09:15 PM.
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I actually used one of those when I first bought my P99c, used it for about six months and never had an issue with it!

Quote Originally Posted by njeske View Post
    i have tuck-this holsters for my Beretta 92 and Bersa .380 and haven't had any problems with them. they stay in place and don't cause the gun to rise up out of the holster either. the only issue i have is with my Beretta, since it's a bit heavier than my other guns it tends to pull down on my pants. But I think that's more of a belt issue than a holster issue.

I sometimes use a Tuck-this for my Beretta 92 as well, and I have no problems with it either... well except for the weight issue too. In fact, I had a public speaking event over the weekend, forgot to take the Beretta off in the car, and had to wear it through the whole 35 minute speech in front of a bunch of people. Never had to think twice about it.

Maybe try tightening your belt another notch or two. A good tight belt, pulling the gun snug against me, is a must for any of my Tackable holsters with any of my guns, large or small.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

jt1

nemesis

I dont know about the tuck this, but my DeSantis nemesis for a S&W 642 is a great pocket holster for me.

I have a Nemesis for my Glock26 and like it, but the tuck this is not great.
    Wyatt Earp

NRA Member

Links