New holster options from Grassburr

This is a discussion on New holster options from Grassburr within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Johnny Gardner from grassburr let me know about a new holster they are offering that will mount just about anywhere. Here's some pics and more ...

Thread: New holster options from Grassburr

New holster options from Grassburr

Johnny Gardner from grassburr let me know about a new holster they are offering that will mount just about anywhere. Here's some pics and more info can be found at www.grassburr.com
    I have the leather holster for mounting in my vehicle and it is a primo unit. Check it out as they are quality products.

"If you're going to shoot then shoot-don't talk" Eli Wallach-"The Good,The Bad, and the Ugly"

2. Remove Ads

Nice unit.

nice!!

Interesting... Does it come in leather?

Yes. Check the website.
    "If you're going to shoot then shoot-don't talk" Eli Wallach-"The Good,The Bad, and the Ugly"

Interesting holster mount setup.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I don't get it. What's wrong with the center console? Or the glove box? Or on you? And won't people see that when they look in the car, even if the gun isn't there...and doesn't it kill your backseat legroom? Sorry, don't mean to bust anyone's balloon but it seems like a lot of work for very little payoff....

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    I don't get it. What's wrong with the center console? Or the glove box? Or on you? And won't people see that when they look in the car, even if the gun isn't there...and doesn't it kill your backseat legroom? Sorry, don't mean to bust anyone's balloon but it seems like a lot of work for very little payoff....
    Just what I thought...
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

That is a nice holster and a good mounting idea.
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

I've seen these better used mounting them underneath the steering wheel kind of. So your hand can reach down and grab it out easily, but it's still kind of hidden from view.

Ohio Laws

I am not toally up on Ohio Laws anymore, but this device would work well for the laws that say you can not carry concealed in a car, the gun must be in plain site. Granted I carry on my person at all times legally allowed, but this system provides an alternative to those under such stupid laws.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I think perhaps they just mounted it there to demonstrate. I'm thinking the same setup behind the bucket seats of a pickup (regular cab, if they make them anymore) would be well hidden. Perhaps using the mount under the dash without the stand would work just as well.

Sure would be much prettier in leather!!!
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Dman makes a good point...for that, then yes, maybe some kind of exposed system might be warranted...but still, for me, a simple clip on holster and some velcro straps and I'll McGyver it in myself....and now that I think of it, most auto parts stores have seat caddies that hang over the front seat....alll you have to do is put one of those on your seat and slip a gun in it with a clip holster so the butt is exposed....wala....McGyver out.

Here's one he does in leather and also a pic of a concealment cover that makes it look like a cd holder etc.

Links