N82 and Crossbreed Holster Discomfort

This is a discussion on N82 and Crossbreed Holster Discomfort within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Glock 17 Gen 4 in a N82 Tactical Professional holster and also in a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe IWB holster. I am ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fisher126
  • 1 Post By Crescentstar

Thread: N82 and Crossbreed Holster Discomfort

I carry a Glock 17 Gen 4 in a N82 Tactical Professional holster and also in a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe IWB holster. I am using A Better Belt USA Ultimate Gun Belt. The belt is leather/bullhide with a Kydex insert, 1.5 inches wide and 1/4 inch thick. It is a very good belt. The belt does not twist under the weight of the gun.

With both holsters I have found that if I position the holster high on my hip and tighten the belt VERY tight so the holster and gun remain high on my hip both holsters are very comfortable. If I don't tighten the belt as tight after I initially place the holster and gun high on my hip and as I walk, sit and move around the holster repositions itself slightly lower on my hip where it would naturally "ride" and becomes uncomfortable as the holster slightly moves up and down against my underwear. I wear mid leg briefs so the end of the leg fabric is about 4 inches above my knees so the holster is always touching fabric not skin. I am 5-8 at 175 pounds so I don't consider myself over weight.

Has anyone experienced this? I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
    Train Hard - Be Safe

Havent tried the N82 pro but the original I can wear a sr40c with long mag in a pair of draw string sweats and it doesnt move or sag due to the backing. I dont know why the pro would move as it has the same backing but seems your is.

The only time Ive had the N82 move in pants with no belt at all is if it was riding completely against fabric and the fabric shifted allowing the holster to shift with it. Never if even a small portion of the backing is resting against skin or fabric that wont move and shift.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Thanks for you thoughts.
    Train Hard - Be Safe

Distinguished Member Array denclaste's Avatar
    I tried 3 different hybrid holsters and couldn't find one that was comfortable; gave them all away. I stick with quality all leather holsters now. I've had excellent luck with Sparks, Nelson, Alessi, and OGL. I carry full size or Commander size 1911's; they weigh a bit more than your G17. All my IWB holsters stay put unless I slide them around to a different position (requires loosening belt to do so). Sadly, you may have to try some different holsters to get exactly what you want. My G20 gets carried in a OGL Axe IWB and is comfortable and remains in position all day. If quick on/off is your goal Sparks Nexis or Criterion cant be beat (don't know if they make them for Glocks yet). Some luck out and find what they like immediately, others of us just keep looking for it.

I carry a SR40c in a N82 Professional and love it. I have never had any issues with it moving or being uncomfortable. Also, this is my first and only holster. I got lucky with my research and liked the first one i purchased.To each his own.
    spclopr8tr likes this.
    The future ain't what it used to be.
    - Yogi Berra

for tuck able I switched from the n82 to an alien gear. so far I like the leather one over their 2.0 neoprene. for me it is most comfortable in the suggested 4 oclock position with the cant all the way forward.
    I wouldn't recommend alien gear due to their shipping time. but the product seams good for the price.

Thanks everyone for your comments and thoughts.
    Train Hard - Be Safe

I have been lucky as I use a CB and have for yrs for a XD45 and never had any problem and I actually wore out my CB after 9+ yrs. I am using a Blackhawk CQ leather IWB and a borrowed CB until I can get my new CB. Have you looked into Milt Sparks holsters or Kramer out of Seattle, I have some friends that swear by them.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    It might just depend on where on the waist you are carrying. The hybrid style holsters I have only work on one specific spot, which is behind the hip, past the love handles. If they aren't placed exactly, I have to re-adjust them. I also use a strip of Remora grip tape on the back part of the holsters that faces my body. It is the same sticky Remora holster material, and they sell it by the roll. Along with a good belt, it helps keeps the holster from sliding, and I don't have to have as much belt tension.
    xoolo likes this.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Distinguished Member
    I haven't experienced the same problems with my N82 Pro carrying a compact 1911. But I am convinced that with body types and personal preferences, no two individuals will get the same fit and comfort carrying the same holster and gun even if their body profiles are similar in weight and stature. Some holsters just seem to work better for some than others. I am lucky in that most holsters work well for me (or I am just less discriminating than others.)
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array denclaste's Avatar
    For certain; body shape plays a huge part in what is comfortable, as does firearm size/profile. Also your definition of "comfort". Some seem capable of enduring a lot more lack of comfort than I am. I'm to old to put up with a uncomfortable set up; having done so in the past I will no longer accept it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links