HK USP Compact Options

HK USP Compact Options

This is a discussion on HK USP Compact Options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did my forum-user duty and did a search for this topic - only to find.... HK USP returns no results because the words aren't ...

Thread: HK USP Compact Options

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Prescott, AZ

HK USP Compact Options

I did my forum-user duty and did a search for this topic - only to find.... HK USP returns no results because the words aren't long enough. I also looked all the way back to the beginning of November... nuthin! So here I am!!!

I'm shopping for a place to keep my HK USP Compact .40. OWB. Belt or paddle. Full cover on the slide. Leather. Minimal cant. I don't want to wait 6 months.

I spent most of this evening lookin around and have found nothing that really satisfies me. I don't even care if it has a thumb break. It just seems like almost everything I see out here has a massive amount of cant if it is leather. I'd like something nearly vertical because cant causes me to "bowl" my firearm and it screws up my presentation. Leather is a must because I've seen what fobus and plastic does to my friend's guns... as well I don't like how it feels.

Cost isn't a problem but I'd like to keep it under $75. Ideas?? I'm not dead set on the cost if I have to get something custom.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Lead Moderator
    not sure what to recommend, but I don't think kydex will wear any more than leather on the USP. Mine is a '93 USP and has minimal wear. Been in leather , nylon and kydex .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Dallas, TX
    The Galco concealable belt holster might be an option. I have carried my HK USPc in one for about two years now. Its OWB but might have too much cant for you. Its about $95
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Not sure off the top of my head who to recommend as to a vertical cant holster that is readily available - may be a Kramer OWB. I think his Nelson Professional style is vertcal.

One thing to definately look for in a USP holster - make sure there is no leather/kydex in the area of the mag-release. When the USPs first came out, a lot of the mass production firms used their Glock patterns to make USP holsters, and leather too close to the mag-release would bump it and pop out the mag, since the USP uses a downward ambi-lever as opposed to the single-side push-button of the Glock. I did alot of cutting and trimming of mass-production USP holsters for acacdemy cadets with this problem.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links