Tuckable holsters, which one do you use ??

This is a discussion on Tuckable holsters, which one do you use ?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Started considering a tuckable holster for my G27. Why ? Well, it seems I don't yet have a tuckable holster in my drawer ! Anyone ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuckable holsters, which one do you use ??

Tuckable holsters, which one do you use ??

Started considering a tuckable holster for my G27. Why ? Well, it seems I don't yet have a tuckable holster in my drawer !
    Anyone out there carry their G27 this way ? ANY recommendations ??

I'm considering HBE's GS Tuckable, Blade Tech's UCH, Highnoon's Tailgate & Hidden Alley or Black Hills' BHMR. This will not be an EDC style, just occasional use. I find most of the time I've got my P3AT in my K Rat on me. My other carry set ups are Kahr K40 in an Andrews Mc Daniel II, got a KD L/ Defender for my G19 & 23 and have one of Gary B's latest Max Con's on order for the Glock's as well.

But, I don't always have a cover garment for IWB/OWB carry. The tuckable might be an option for the G27 to haul more firepower sometimes. Wife is looking to get started with CC and I'm trying to find an option that may work for her and her style of dress. BUT that's another story all together.

Thanks for any suggestions you care to give.
    Last edited by sass20485; February 13th, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

2. Remove Ads

I have one from Mitch Rosen and I can't use it because it is so friggin uncomfortable.

To much material between me and the gun. Makes my kidney feel like its going to burst.

Anyone have a good one?
    The Marshmallowist

Thanks for the tip on the M/Rosen. Some of his stuff was bit more than I cared to spend as well. $100 or less should get me a nice holster.

My EDC holster is a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. tuckable holster. It's a great holster, I really like it. I've only actually carried it tucked on one occasion though, so I can't comment much about the tuckable feature..

Lead Moderator
    I tuck once in a while, but most of the time just use a cover garment.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have a Crossbreed adjustable Super-tuck that I use, although I don't usually tuck it. When I have had to tucked it, it concealed my 1911 great. Give them a look.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/index.html
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I have 3 Tucker Gunleater IWB Tuckable holsters for 3 different guns I own. I think they are the best. http://www.tuckergunleather.com
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I have the Tucker Cover-Up for my Glock 26 and I really like it. I can tuck in my shirts with jeans. I Use it everyday unless I am in shorts and T-shirt then it is Safecarry.

I use a Highnoon Holster Split Decision for my P11. It works well but don't tuck to often.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I just purchased a Desbiens Specwar. It looks great but haven't had a chance to handle it yet. I'll make sure to do a review and let everyone know what it's like.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I just received my new holster from UBG holsters (Sorry, no pics yet, but he has the holster on his web site). It's a new design that can be made tuckable (Mine is). It's easy on/off with a very good spring steel clip & not too expensive.

It hides my Kahr PM9 with my shirt tucked in without a problem. My wife & youngest one (6 yrs.old) didn't notice where I was carrying. I usually wear my shirt untucked, but it's nice not to have to.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

The Answer

I've got Tucker Gunleather's Answer for a 1911. It works great with that platform, but I'm not sure about the glock. I've also got a Comp Tac C-tac which is tuckable for a G19, and even with a cover garment, it seems too bulky to me. This could just be in my head though. With the Glocks, I've always just used cover garments. I do carry the 1911 Tucked quite a bit, and have no problems with concealment.
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject."

Sights? What are those?

I almost always carry my Ultra CDP II in a Tucker Answer IWB. I also have their tuckable IWB mag pouch. I very rarely carry tucked, however. It works as designed when tucked, but another step and another level of complexity is added to the draw process. I do make a point to practice presentation from both the tucked and untucked configuration. This is absolutely key in preventing needless fumbling about with a tucked garment. I practice using both hands and one hand, because circumstances may dictate that your off hand is otherwise occupied.

While my strong preference is untucked, I like having the tuckable capability. For example, a while back my young bride went to a restaurant where it seems like their heating system just went berserk. The jacket I was wearing became quite uncomfortable, so I excused myself and switched to tucked mode in the restroom, so I could resume my meal in a great deal more comfort. In this particular venue, an untucked shirt-tail was really not a good option.

Here's the Tucker combo:

Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Tuck-This by DeSantis is a good one
    don't let the bad guy getcha
    whats on five nine?

Comp-Tac C-T.A.C.. It gives you alot of cant options. Took me a couple weeks to get it positioned where it felt comfortable. Now it slips right in effortlessly in the mornings, tucks with no trouble when needed and comes out without problems at night.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links