Used Holsters

Used Holsters

This is a discussion on Used Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have heard a lot about the "box o holsters" that everyone has in their closet. So far.... Fingers crossed(no pun intended), I have lucked ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Used Holsters

Used Holsters

I have heard a lot about the "box o holsters" that everyone has in their closet. So far.... Fingers crossed(no pun intended), I have lucked out with my crossbreed supertuck for my G19. I like it so far AND it is my first holster. I am almost up with my two week window. So with all those unused holsters out there, is there a market for reselling them? If I walk into a gun shop with a used holster looking to trade, will they make fun of the new guy? Btw, don't want to trade my supertuck. My dad gave me a Galco shoulder holster for a beretta M9 that he literally used once. Obviously doesn't work with a Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Its the beginning of your "collection" which will soon grow into a drawer.

Probably the best markets you're likely to see, to get decent value out of them: GunBroker classifieds, or similar; a busy local gun shop that does a good consignment/used business; perhaps your local gun range, if you happen across the "right" buyer.

I doubt the average shop would pay much for a used holster, except for ones that are (a) known to be popular (b) for known-popular sidearms. You've got both those aspects covered, so it might be worth a shot. It'll depend on the shop, of course. If you were a shop owner, would you be interested in every used holster that came along, or only the ones for Glocks and other popular guns, presuming it's pristine, fairly priced, etc? Would you be more open to consignment items, as opposed to outright purchase of them?

I've lived near a couple good gun shops that did a brisk business in consignments and used items. They'd acquire a "good" stuff, used; the rest, they'd consider for consignment, so long as it was likely to sell. Tougher items, I've simply been told to post my own classifieds ad somewhere and go with no-reserve pricing, as it would surely sell quickly.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

One of the LGS in my area has a box full of used holsters, I've never really looked in it.

One thing I've done previously: sold a gun+holster on consignment at a local shop. The shop didn't want the holster, separately. But they weren't opposed to my boosting the asking price by $25 and then including the holster with the gun. Was a nice opportunity, for the right buyer. Could easily try out the combination in the shop, something most folks never get a chance to do before buying. For those looking to avoid a drawer full of holsters over time, it was a good chance to avoid that.

That's one option you might have, if you've got a gun to sell.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Al of my holsters get used from time to time. There used to be a specific website for reselling holsters, but I think it exists no more.
    Trading holsters? Look to a local forum or post it here. Used holsters are like used cars, they depreciate rather quickly like 50%. Once you holster a handgun in one it has been violated! Facts of life I guess.
    Post it here up for trade when you get the posts to back you. Somebody is always looking for something.
    How much difference is there between terrorism and tyranny?

Ebay or buy/sell/trade section of your favorite forums are pretty good places to start.

My LGS gives me credit on good condition quality used holsters. I buy and sell guns through him and we usually settle up at the end of the month. Sometimes he owes me and sometimes I owe him.
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

VIP Member
    I've never been interested in used holsters. Sorry, but I don't want somebody else's sweat-stained leather pressing against my body. Especially IWB's.
    Eric357 and Rattlehead like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Maybe we need to do a pay it forward thread with only holsters?

I've sold some holsters I purchased but later decided didn't work for me or I wasn't going to use much through the forums here. Other times I've sold a gun that I had a holster for and gave it to the buyer.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array patri0t's Avatar
    I have the 'box-of-holsters' myself. i used to have a LGS nearby with 55 gallon barrels full of holsters which was great if you brought your sidearm in to check the fit. The kydex holsters & shoulder rigs worked well for me.
    I know what some of my holsters fit, not sure on others. Good Kydex Rotos + leather skeleton types for 1911s.
    Most are quite New.
    If I had a bunch of small boxes, I'd sell them for $10. each & mail 'em to anyone who wanted them.
    I also have a Nylon Duty Belt w holster, expandable batons w cases, 4oz OC case, cuff cases, cuffs, radio holders, belt keepers, etc., etc.
    If someone was hired into LE, I could give 'em a good head start. LOL
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Retired Deputy- State Trooper (38 long years) 8 yrs RTO - MS Degree- Criminology
    Gun Control measures are Unconstitutional Infringements. Period.
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Distinguished Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I just "Flea Bayed" six of my unused holsters. I do it about every five years or so. Now there is room and money for more!
    kahrcarrier likes this.
    "Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right, you meet the same idiots coming around from the left"

Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I've never been interested in used holsters. Sorry, but I don't want somebody else's sweat-stained leather pressing against my body. Especially IWB's.
    That's why you wear an undershirt.
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    Its the beginning of your "collection" which will soon grow into a drawer.
    Drawer??.................. How about a few Tote bins...BIG tote bins
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links