bib overall carry

bib overall carry

This is a discussion on bib overall carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, in the past day or so we here in Central Ohio got enough snow and ice to qualify for a snow day for just ...

Thread: bib overall carry

Question bib overall carry

So, in the past day or so we here in Central Ohio got enough snow and ice to qualify for a snow day for just about everyone, including a rare snow day for OSU. It isn't too much, about 6-8 inches of snow with 1-2 inces of ice on top, but for central Ohio, thats a pretty good snow storm. Anyways, I went out to clear all the snow and stuff off my truck, and put on my insulated Carhart Bib overalls that I have for farm work and my construction related job over winter breaks. I realized that there wasn't really a good way to use any of my belt rigs and still have the weapon easily accessable. I haven't been able to purchase a pocket gun yet, although I guess that would be about the best option. So, does anyone on here have any tricks or anything to make a belt rig, IWB or OWB work under a set of bib overalls (with jeans and a belt under the insulated ones)?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Wow, I can relate! I am a mechanic by trade. I like wearing good pair of Key bibs to work.

I have worn a strong side hip holster underneath, But that doesn't work well.

The best things that I have found are Small of the back on a belt concealed. The other is a small slit inside that bib (hidden on the outside by the pockets). Pick a good solid holster with a spring clip and attach it inside the bib across your sternum. Comfy, Quick and most guys have something stuck in those chest pockets anyway. No one thinks twice about a buldge if you have a pen or two hanging out.
    "Guns aren’t toys! They’re for protecting your family, hunting dangerous or delicious animals and keeping the King of England out of your face!"
    -Crusty the Clown

Keep your booger hook off the kill switch 'till you bead the boogeyman!

When I go hunting I wear a Bib and it would be hard to access my sidearm which is under the bib, ofcourse. I bought a larger belt that I put a holster on and sling that around the bib with my Ruger Security Six 357 Mag.

But that doesn't help you. I have also just stuck my G27 in the front thigh pocket if I didn't have the Ruger with me.

The Ruger is just a back up to the Remington 710 30-06 that I hunt with.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

For Those Days...

Around the house, or cutting the grass (in February... )...is when the KelTec .380 in a Kydex pocket holster comes in very handy...the Kimber get a rest and the yard work still gets done!

Always armed...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Speaking for my self only , My bibbies tend to have a pistol in the strong side front pocket , and that is all that lives there . Sometimes its my p9 primairy , sometimes it another equil sized pistol .. but its the only way i have found to have any half assed access when geared up for weather .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Lead Moderator
    A paddle holster works well for me with bibs on.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Smartcarry. Easier to get at in overalls, owing to the looseness of the bib, than in pants.

When I have my Roundhouse overalls (made in Shawnee, Oklahoma) on, I've got my smartcarry on under it.

Besides, everyone puts his hands inside his bibs now and then. Perfectly inconspicuous.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    Besides, everyone puts his hands inside his bibs now and then. Perfectly inconspicuous.
    "Just adjustin' the old hammer, Honey!"
    "Guns aren’t toys! They’re for protecting your family, hunting dangerous or delicious animals and keeping the King of England out of your face!"
    -Crusty the Clown

Keep your booger hook off the kill switch 'till you bead the boogeyman!

Smartcarry or a belly band.
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

I wear overalls a good bit and I use the Smartcarry with my G-26.

The problem with carrying under bibs is it makes the draw very slow. All the bibs I own, including the Carhart(the best I have found) have very deep front pockets, so the only method that makes sense to me would be front pocket carry. My Glock 23 fits just fine.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Hey Mike, Back to the top.

i'm new to posting and tring to get a good handle on the best way to carry with bibs because that's about all I ever wear. Plumber you know.thanks for some good ideas.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Clip draw or some type of IWB mexican carry? I can see where a cross draw would work well here. Of course this is assuming that you are not laying on your stomach. And then you still have external zipper to contend with.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Sponsored Links