Need a good dress belt for concealed carry

This is a discussion on Need a good dress belt for concealed carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an A Better (Ultimate) Belt I wear daily. I have absolutely no complaints about the build quality, ability to hold my holster tight ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Need a good dress belt for concealed carry

I have an A Better (Ultimate) Belt I wear daily. I have absolutely no complaints about the build quality, ability to hold my holster tight when I draw and over all feeling about it after a full day of carrying my weapon and magazine carrier. Fantastic belt, to say the least. However, it's not a belt I feel attractive enough when I am wearing a suit or sport coat. It's more a utilitarian kind of belt...........at least in my eyes. I'm needing a dress belt that looks like a dress belt, such as the Galco SB3. However, I've read several very negative reports about the Galco. Especially concerning is "it's too flexible to carry a weapon" type of comments. Does anyone know of a good looking dress belt that is also a good gun belt?
    Chris

If I'm laying in an emergency room, dying from a gunshot wound, I don't want to answer my wife's inquiry as to why I wasn't armed with "There was a 'NO HANDGUNS' sign on the door and my integrity got the best of me!"

Senior Moderator
    Beltman makes several nice belts. http://www.thebeltman.net/

I got one of his "Quick Ship" belts, and find it perfect for me. I carry a Government 1911, a spare magazine, and a Leatherman. I wear everything form two piece suits to jeans.
    357and40 and rigel42 like this.

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

Armour belts (a sponsor of this place) makes a great belt... Check them out...
    https://www.armourbelts.com/ I bought one when my beltman belt started to show signs of wear after about 5 years of use and armour pust a 10% off offer on DC. Also a really good belt.
    I wear my armour belt daily business casual and I would not hesitate to wear it dressier as well... Fast turnaround and very affordable... (I may have to start charging them for plugging their products haha)
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Thanks guys, but neither of those two suggestions are any dressier than my A Better Belt, in my opinion. I'm looking for a belt with tapered edges (like most dress belts have) but is stiff enough for a carry belt.......such as the Galco. SB3 DRESS BELT: Belts: 1 1/2" Belts at Galco
    Chris

If I'm laying in an emergency room, dying from a gunshot wound, I don't want to answer my wife's inquiry as to why I wasn't armed with "There was a 'NO HANDGUNS' sign on the door and my integrity got the best of me!"

VIP Member
    My "A Better Belt" is tapered at the front end.......so the part that shows at the front of YOU is 1 1/4". To my eye it looks dressy enough......but I am not a guy and I do not think other people notice my belt one way or the other, just like most don't notice a slight printing when carrying IWB.

If you absolutely are not happy without a dress belt, you'll have to wear a dress belt and possibly buy a smaller and lighter gun. For most people, there IS some trade off involved between size/weight of gun and what you can wear, both clothing and accessories.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Might want to check out Bullhide belts. Have been using one of the plain black, double prong ones as a work belt daily for about the last three years. 5" 1911 and two spare mags daily no problems, heck really no signs of wear yet. Not sure how "dressy" you want but they have wide selection (style, color and Price).

Compare Bullhide vs Bullhide Dress

BBI
    I'm required to wear shirt/tie/jacket on duty, and this is the belt I use: Caramel Tan DOUBLE Stitched Bullhide Dress Leather Belt

It's not quite as dressy as some options I suppose, but it supports the weight of everything I carry daily and facilitates a quick and consistent draw from the holster without the holster migrating.

I have a Blackhawk CQC belt. It is a 1-1/4" wide belt. It is a lot more dressy than most gun belts. It is not up to the quality standards of my other gun belts, but it is stiff and it does work.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
    NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

My own dress belts are 1.25 inch sharkskin double leather. Mine were made by RafterS, but they are not in business I don't think. I suggest you contact some makers and see what they can offer as dress. A&G custom embossed belts look good in the photos. To get a dressy belt might require some rather expensive material such as shark or elephant. For me the 1 1/4 belts do the job of supporting my gun and are dressier that 1.5 inch.

Jerry

Here is my black dress belt from armour. I LOVE it.

If you want it to pop more I'm sure mike would be willing to put white stiching or whatever you like in it. That would deffinatly Jazz it up. Maybe similar to my regular armour except thinner and in black

I'm also pretty sure mike does exotics. A black sharkskin or stingray would be my choice if I had the $$.

Actually now that I think about it a grey/black elephant would be my top choice

Order one here:

Milt Sparks Holsters
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

5.11 in black and brown. Thin edges, thinner buckle, has insert for stiffness. Wear either one every day with dress pants, tucked in dress shirt and blazer or full suit. I have other "dress" gun belts that are too thick for dress wear. Now that I'm used to the 1 1/2", my older and thinner regular "dress belts" feel like rope around my waist. Just wish they made them in cordovan and tan as well.
    Holster likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by trptdaddy View Post
    5.11 in black and brown. Thin edges, thinner buckle, has insert for stiffness. Wear either one every day with dress pants, tucked in dress shirt and blazer or full suit. I have other "dress" gun belts that are too thick for dress wear. Now that I'm used to the 1 1/2", my older and thinner regular "dress belts" feel like rope around my waist. Just wish they made them in cordovan and tan as well.
    Do you have a link please? I couldn't find any.

"He went on two legs, wore clothes and was a human being, but nevertheless he was in reality a wolf of the Steppes. He had learned a good deal . . . and was a fairly clever fellow. What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life. The cause of this apparently was that at the bottom of his heart he knew all the time (or thought he knew) that he was in reality not a man, but a wolf of the Steppes."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris54326 View Post
    I have an A Better (Ultimate) Belt I'm needing a dress belt that looks like a dress belt, such as the Galco SB3. However, I've read several very negative reports about the Galco.
    I have similar requirements and I believe similar tastes. The SB3 is the only belt I found that looked online like what I wanted. It is a very good dress belt. It is not nearly as thick or stiff as my Crossbreed, but it has the look I want.

I mostly pocket carry an XDs, which is pretty heavy for pocket carry, and the SB3 performs well in that use case. I have worn it around the house for a few hours with an OWB without complaint, but I do not know if it would retain its shape with a few weeks of full time use. I have not tried it with a full size pistol, as I need to go up a couple of inches to wear with my IWB.

For my purposes, the SB3 has served well. If you are worried about long term stretching, you can alternate daily the direction you feed your belt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links