Iwb belt clips 1 or 2?

Iwb belt clips 1 or 2?

This is a discussion on Iwb belt clips 1 or 2? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello just getting into cc. I am wondering what others thoughts and experiences have been with a single belt clip on a Iwb holster vs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Iwb belt clips 1 or 2?

Iwb belt clips 1 or 2?

Hello just getting into cc. I am wondering what others thoughts and experiences have been with a single belt clip on a Iwb holster vs 2. I will be carrying a s&w shield and have been looking at the alien gear 2.0, cb mini tuck, n82 professional and a couple others with a single clip. Thanks.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

IMO, single clips are OK if they are either directly in line with the gun or lock up solidly with no movement. And I prefer a J clip over a metal spring clip or belt loop when using a single clip holster. I've had some holsters rotate right out of my waistband when using a single clip. The Crossbreed micro-tuck (or mini-tuck?) comes to mind.
    I use single clips for grab and go, but if I'm going to be carrying all day I prefer a two clip holster. The holster stays put better. UBG makes a great hybrid two clip holster for the Shield.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

I think with a lighter gun like the Shield, one clip will do fine with the smaller IWB holsters. But for the larger handguns that require the larger holster, I like the 2 clips for better stability.
    Struckat, Wishoot and hick63 like this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by a1machinist View Post
    Hello just getting into cc. I am wondering what others thoughts and experiences have been with a single belt clip on a Iwb holster vs 2. I will be carrying a s&w shield and have been looking at the alien gear 2.0, cb mini tuck, n82 professional and a couple others with a single clip. Thanks.
    I go with two points of attachment on all my IWB holsters. I want the set-up to ride securely.
    kmckinnon, OlCop, joker1 and 1 others like this.
    "There's something in me I can't describe. It's as if I saw a strange darkness before me, into which I must go."
    Viktor Woellert

Distinguished Member Array vice87's Avatar
    well I have only tried belt clips once and wasn't a fan. wasn't confident in the retention on the belt with just a clip so I only do solid loops or pull the dot snap loops. but that's me, slightly paranoid about keeping my gun where it belongs.

and not skidding across the floor.

I have a kydex holster that has two snap-loops side by side, for what I'm not sure but it works. stability maybe.

I'm dying to try out Appalachian Concealment and his one snap-loop design.
    matthew03 likes this.
    I carry because zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    I think with a lighter gun like the Shield, one clip will do fine with the smaller IWB holsters. But for the larger handguns that require the larger holster, I like the 2 clips for better stability.
    I have both for several different weapons. For my double stacks the single clip allows some movement which doesn't bother me. Dual clip holsters have bigger footprint, but give more stability.

I like the ease of on and off with a single clip. I carry my VP9 in a kydex taco style single clip holster and it works great.

I have only ever used single clip spring clamps. Never had one fall out, go sliding across the floor, or twist out. With that said, I am not very active when I am carrying IWB. For being active, I carry in a pancake or paddle.

VIP Member
    I carry large frame guns like a P226, and I prefer 2 clip hybrids. With a bigger gun, if the clip is in front of the gun it isn't very stable. If it's outside the frame of the gun, it's to thick.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    I agree with this. I find a single clip holster works just fine with my LCP or Shield. They do tend to shift around a bit, but not enough to worry about. With bigger or heavier gun, I find a two clip holster distributes the weight much better and makes for a much better carry experience.

Having used both, I now only carry in the 2 attachment kind. The single clamp didn't offer the stability I needed; but I only carry large frame guns.
    Mike1956 likes this.

I have been a CB fan and user for years, Super Tuck horse hide combat cut for my XD45, but I wore it out because of extreme use. I can't replace it because I do not have the money so my wife got me a Raw Dog single clip and I do like it, conceals well adjustable, the price was great and now hopefully start putting money away for new CB. The Raw Dog goes to church, Costco etc. so the only thing is they do not keep you informed about shipping and that always bothers me a little but all and all it carries a big gun well but make sure you have a great belt. I had hoped CB might cut me a deal on a new or used ( seconds ) but could not come up with a $35 holster deal so the Raw Dog fit in and I wear it 24/7.

I personally am not a fan of clips, I have had some very popular AIWB rigs on the market become "UN-clipped" at inopportune times.

I designed, and market my own IWB/AIWB holster with a single, wider than standard soft loop; it secures with one way snap. The reason was to build a slight amount of ability for the holster to move with the wearer's body. It is very secure, even with fighting sized guns. One of my favorite weapons to test a holster with is the Sig P229, the short barrel, wide frame and heavy +2 extended mag is a challenge for a poorly designed holster.
    vice87 and Paladin3840 like this.

If you go single clip I would recommend going with a stitched in clip or a clip with 2 points of attachment. I've replaced a number of single clip holsters form other folks that were single points of attachment. To the person, the reason was that the clip and holster moved to much.
    PAcanis likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Two clips if you must settle for clips. Even then the clips need to have a talon/hook as popularized by Lou Alessi "back in the day".

A two strap system with pull-the-dot snaps is even better security.

Anything easy to put on and pull off is subject to anticipate the latter command.
    vice87 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links