Holster for Smith and Wesson BodyGuard 38 Special

This is a discussion on Holster for Smith and Wesson BodyGuard 38 Special within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for a way to conceal my firearm better, especially during the summer. I currently carry a glock 26 but I think ...

Thread: Holster for Smith and Wesson BodyGuard 38 Special

I have been looking for a way to conceal my firearm better, especially during the summer. I currently carry a glock 26 but I think as summer approaches I will need something lighter, more compact, and easier to carry. I currently has a SW BG 38 Special that I can carry during the summer months. The only issue is that I never carry revolvers. Other than throwing the 38 in a coat pocket during the winter when I go to the store I have no practice with ccw. I don't even have a holster. I was wondering, if I begin to carry my 38 special during the summer a) where should I carry on my body and b) what holster works best? A couple of things to consider, I dont really wear shorts and most of my clothing is fitted, I am also a larger guys at 5'11 an 225 lbs. I need something that will disappear almost entirely on my person. I am so very leary of printing (I posted an article about this on the CCW Issues portion of this forum). I have looked into the soft suede iwb holster but thought I should come here first to ask since I have almost not experience with a revolver for ccw. Thanks!

You live in a open carry state yes ? Then don't worry if it shows ..you get use to it .

For me when I first started carrying I used a p3at in a pocket holster even in dress pants you can't see it .

As for a BG 380 it's tricky ..you mean that smith and wesson with a laser on it not a jframe smith yes? I carry my j frame bodyguard owb in a galco or Nelson rig .part of the issue with that gun is no smaller grips so that don't help

But really iwb or owb will be fine you will need at least one size larger pants though .
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Yes, I am meaning that smith and wesson J frame wanna be with the laser lol.

I would wear it in an OWB leather holster. A light weight tee tucked in and a button type shirt left unbuttoned and untucked will cover it nicely. I wore shirts like this all last summer and I did not notice it being any hotter than just a tee. This holster is from Wright Leather Works and is for a 2" J frame. My 640-1 has a 2 1/8" barrel and that is why you see a bit of it sticking out.

S&W 640-1 005crf.jpg
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    Grass Roots NC Member
    US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lee12 View Post
    I have been looking for a way to conceal my firearm better, especially during the summer. I currently carry a glock 26 but I think as summer approaches I will need something lighter, more compact, and easier to carry. I currently has a SW BG 38 Special that I can carry during the summer months. The only issue is that I never carry revolvers. Other than throwing the 38 in a coat pocket during the winter when I go to the store I have no practice with ccw. I don't even have a holster. I was wondering, if I begin to carry my 38 special during the summer a) where should I carry on my body and b) what holster works best? A couple of things to consider, I dont really wear shorts and most of my clothing is fitted, I am also a larger guys at 5'11 an 225 lbs. I need something that will disappear almost entirely on my person. I am so very leary of printing (I posted an article about this on the CCW Issues portion of this forum). I have looked into the soft suede iwb holster but thought I should come here first to ask since I have almost not experience with a revolver for ccw. Thanks!
    I carry my BG38 in this...
    MD-5 Medium Sticky Holster | Sticky Holsters
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links