Defensive Carry banner

Where do you keep your "nightstand" gun?

26K views 102 replies 96 participants last post by  molleur 
#1 ·
This was the closest board related to this topic.

So where do you keep that pistol that defends your home? In a drawer, on the nightstand, under your pillow? I would hope not the latter.

I have always just laid it on the end table next to my bed, but have come really close to knocking it off a couple of times. So I came up with a cheap, simple idea that keeps the gun out of the way so it doesn't get knocked on the floor, yet keeps it within reach. I went to Lowe's and bought few strong magnets and stuck them to my safe. Then I put some felt pads on them to not damage the gun's finish. It holds it in a good position and enough away from the surface to get a full grip.

The perfect $5 fix.

See less See more
#7 ·
I have two:
One is in a small gun safe with a 5-button Simplex lock that I can operate quickly by touch, along with a speedloader. The whole thing fits nicely in the lower drawer of my nightstand along with a 250 lumen flashlight.
Font Calligraphy
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Air gun

In addition, my EDC is a pocket carry S&W Chief's Special. I set that on top of my nightstand, in its pocket holster, right before I go to bed.

#8 ·
I have an old 2" work belt screwed to the back of my night stand. With a blackhawk serpa.
That's pretty cool what you did.. If my night stand was metal I would give that a try.

#9 ·
Just to my right as I sit here about 8" above the floor. I have my carry gun and my favorite revolver. Unlike you folks I sleep in my LazyBoy. Twice while in bed I was awoke by an attack of arthritic pain. That has never happened sleeping in my fave chair. Therefore I sleep where I sleep.

Poster #2 I see you have a waterbed. You old phart. Mountain Man CA is pretty clever. I like that. I have a waterbed headboard on top of my dresser drawers.

OP why are there 6 white dots along the top of your Glock?? That's a cool idea tho (unless you have kids and you're in CA.)

Reactions: Czombie
#13 ·
I have my EDC on top of the nightstand and a second in a Ft. Knox safe in nightstand bottom drawer. If I have time to get to it I'd go for the drawer safe gun due to higher round capacity.

#16 ·
I have a brass bed with many brass pieces behind my pillow resting area. I secured an old holster on a piece of the brass and protect it against other pieces of brass by some foamy pipe insulation tubing. For evening use in bedroom--perfect. I also purchased two of these firearm magnets that you can easily see on internet search. Screwed them into wall in an out of the way but handy location near my garage door in utility room and when I leave house I place firearm on these magnets. Can reach it quickly when I come in from garage should need arise. For everyday coming and going from garage.

#20 ·
My Glock sits on top of the nightstand with the 'night eyes' looking at me...l can reach it with my eyes closed.
In the drawer below is usually another Glock or my SP101.

#23 ·
Another on top of the night stander.

#24 ·
I don't ever leave any loaded gun un-holstered. For that reason I do not like the magnet option in the OP.

My EDC serves as my house gun when not on me. I have an IWB kydex holster for that purpose. At night it goes in the top drawer of my nightstand, indexed into a rear corner.

#25 ·
I have a gun safe on top of my night stand. When I go to bed, I open it, put whatever gun I carried during the day in it. My other is already in there. I leave it open and slide my SR out so it's easy to grab in an emergency. Both guns are always in their holsters. I have a super bright LED flashlight right next to the safe. Because I always have kids over, the guns are always locked in the safe with the exception of the one I carry on me every day.

I really, really need to mount the safe under the bed. I've been planning this for a year now. I have to get a board to fit under the box spring so I can screw the safe to it. That way it's out of sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.