Flap Jack Back Pocket Holster

This is a discussion on Flap Jack Back Pocket Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I wasn't satisfied with my carry options. I like the conceal-ability of the 380's but hate that they are so darn small. It's really ...

Thread: Flap Jack Back Pocket Holster

So I wasn't satisfied with my carry options. I like the conceal-ability of the 380's but hate that they are so darn small. It's really uncomfortableto wear an IWB holtser inIMHO. The best for me seems to be in the back pocket. But how the heck do you fit a 9mm in the back pocket of your jeans which don't have that big a pocket to begin with? Here's my solution and it works brilliantly. However, with the wear it looks like I'll put either another layer of leather on the back or a thin piece of metal to prevent imprinting. Bought $15 worth of leather (1sq ft) and an awl from amazon for about $10. This has made two holsters (380 and 9mm). The 9mm holster fits in my jeans to just below the top stitch so that there is a quarter inch of jean left at the top. The flap hides the gun in total. Also use the trigger button safety for the 9mm. Makes me feel better about not shooing myself in the caboose :-) The flap doesn't get in the way at all FYI.

That clip doesn't stick out, it's just the way the holster is sitting. So I'm over buying holsters. I get more satisfaction and a better fit making my own.

I like that.

Thank you, I'll post a picture of it in my pocket soon.

Senior Member Array Sliderfusion's Avatar
    I also like it, very nice idea especially for a .380. Also how well does that button safety work?
    "ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!"

Do you have any problems with the magazine eject button getting pressed accidentally?
    Last edited by halem1; March 10th, 2015 at 09:38 AM. Reason: spelling

None so far no. It's pretty well protected by the leather and even so, no place to go. It's always been perfect when I draw. Plus what I like about the back pocket is, the perp is thinking you are giving him your wallet aye :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sliderfusion View Post
    I also like it, very nice idea especially for a .380. Also how well does that button safety work?
    On the CM9 it's tight. on the bodyguard it's perfect. With the body guard holster I made, you really sometimes forget you have anything in your back pocket.

Distinguished Member Array hdhnict's Avatar
    Nice pocket holster. Glad it works for you.
    I don't carry to deter crime. I carry to defend myself!

Here's the 380 and how I form the holster. Wet it and just stick your piece in there. I'll do some burnishing of the edges at some point I imagine. Point is, no-one is supposed to see your holster anyway :-)

Nice work. Somewhere along the line I have seen the same concept but made with a zipper- IOW, the flap part has the zipper so it looks like a zippered wallet in the pocket.

Oh hadn't thought of that. hmmm may have to try that on 2.0

Creative. And definitely a sense of accomplishment building your own.
    Honestly though, I don't see how that flap could NOT be in the way of sliding your fingers in-between the leather and the gun. Unless you are adding an extra step moving it out of the way.
    I do like the concept. I tried a back pocket holster with my old LCP and it held my back pocket open to wear you could see the grip.

Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I'd shoot my butt off.

In honestly, that button safety is the bigger concern.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links