S&W 340: Best Holster?

This is a discussion on S&W 340: Best Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've owned a 340 (with CT laser grips) for a few years now and have been carrying it more and more. I have an OWB ...

Thread: S&W 340: Best Holster?

S&W 340: Best Holster?

I've owned a 340 (with CT laser grips) for a few years now and have been carrying it more and more. I have an OWB kydex holster that sticks out way too far to carried in public (but works great in the woods). Otherwise I've been carrying it in my pocker (loose). Now I'm looking for a really nice CC holster. I'm open to all recs. In the past I've had trouble with leather not breaking in and as a result "holding on" to the pistol during drawing. Therefore, all my auto loaders are carried with kydex holsters. However, I think I'm ready to take the plunge on a nice leather holster. I would prefer IWB, but if someone had a killer OWB I would consider that as well.

Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I used and use three holsters for my snubbies with CTC grips. They are a Milt Sparks SS2, Renegade ankle rig and a DeSantis shoulder rig with double offside speedloader pouches.

The Sparks is very comfortable and I use one of the speedloader pouches from the DeSantis rig to carry my back up loads.

The Renegade ankle rig is awsome. Its had performed for over half my career (20+ years) and still works awsome.

The DeSantis is very comfortable and balances well with the double speedloaders on the off side.

Hope that helps.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Del Fatti LP for OWB....this would constitute a killer OWB

Del Fatti ISP-DD for IWB...my favorite little rig..has an off center clip to reduce bulk and the horsehide is super thin but holds the gun firmly..

Renegade ankle

Alessi shoulder...doesn't see a lot of use, but comes in handy on my motorcycle and when I don't feel like sticking a gun in my pants....

Thanks guys, VERY helpful!

Kramer horsehide belt scabbard

For a S&W J frame outside the waist band I would recommend a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard, as shown below. The gun is held very high relative to the belt, and the stiff horsehide prevents the butt from tipping outward away from the body.

Kramer horsehide belt scabbard

Links