Galco Matrix MX7 - two year report

This is a discussion on Galco Matrix MX7 - two year report within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hi y'all. I have three different daily carry's: pt-140 milpro, pt-145 old "breakable" and xd-40 duty. all are black with no fancy stuff. all shoot ...

Thread: Galco Matrix MX7 - two year report

hi y'all. I have three different daily carry's: pt-140 milpro, pt-145 old "breakable" and xd-40 duty. all are black with no fancy stuff. all shoot well with no remembered ftf's or fte's.

The thing I like the best about them all is fact that they all securely fit my Galco matrix. When I carry owb, which is pretty much all winter when and where allowed, I use the matrix. It even passes my wifes "hug test". there have been times that she was surprised when I un-belted.

When I carry with the galco, I have never had any problems with printing. I usually wear either a fleece pullover or a fleece vest. I have not had any problems with worrying about anybody getting a peek. Also, after using it for two years, I have not noticed any really visible wear on the finish of any of the weapons.

Just my two cents, but I really like the idea that I can fit any of these guns into the same holster and not worry when carrying. Cheap too. less than $20 at cheaper than dirt. buy a couple.
    pax
    pt

I bought one some time ago for my G27 and I was unable to draw from it effectively. It felt way too tight. I tried allowing a break in period. I also tried leaving a sock over my Glock while in the holster which has worked in the past, but not with the Matrix. Some had recommended trying a lubricant, but I wasn't too fond of that idea, so I wrote off the $20 loss and went back to my DeSantis minislide.

But I'm glad that yours is working out for you.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

funny you should mention desantis . My other regular holster is a stealth. not the greatest for re-holstering, but it keeps both of my PT's close.

I will have to check out the mini slide. all of my other holsters have been home made IWB models.
    pax
    pt

I have 2 MX-7's. One for my G19-26, and one for my Kimber ultra carry II. I like them for owb carry and I have had no problems with them. My wife had no idea I was carrying owb except for last night, when we went to pizza for dinner and I forgot to put on a tee shirt under my shirt. Man, that g-26 was cold when I sat down in my truck and squealed when it touched my bare back at 3:30.
    Miwall

Links