Kirkpatrick Leather

This is a discussion on Kirkpatrick Leather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received this new holster from Kirkpatrick Leather of Laredo, Texas. It is their Texas Strong Side model. I got it for my S&W ...

Thread: Kirkpatrick Leather

Kirkpatrick Leather

I just received this new holster from Kirkpatrick Leather of Laredo, Texas. It is their Texas Strong Side model. I got it for my S&W 1911PD Commander (shown). I love this holster. It pulls in tight and conceals extremely well. I wear it under a loose sweatshirt and it conceals as well as an IWB. The gun fit is just a tad tight, but will doubtless loosen up over the next few weeks. If not I will try wrapping the gun in wax paper, but I would rather wait and see.

This is really an outstanding holster. Now here is the amazing part. It only cost $54.00 and I received it it in about one week of ordering. I do not hear a lot about this maker on the various forums, but I for one highly recommend their product and their service.

Most of the time I wear a Milt Sparks VM2 IWB, but I wanted to try a belt holster. This one is a winner!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    They used to have a store front shop down there ( laredo ) and the old man was a great guy . But i am speaking 20 or so years ago and heck he cant still be alive now . Anyway if anyone gets down there look it up and let me know if the shop is still going it was a pretty good gunshop as well as the retail outlet for holsters.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

good looking holster. what other types do they have????
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I've been tossing around the idea of ordering their Yaqui slide holster, as it dosent rely on tension screws to hold the weapon in and comes for 1.5" belts. My only issue is that it has a solid back (like the origional ones) which I dont like and would have to cut out a belt loop for it. Good stuff there and a very nice holster ya got.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Fed , years ago i had one and i " notched the tunnel " with an exacto knife for a belt loop and then threaded the needle so to speak , it worked ok but wasnt as easy on easy off as i wanted. maby i should have cut a bigger notch lol .

edited to add this was the original slide , not the one that fits inside the belt so the pistol fits between the belt and pants.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I cant do the ones that fit between the belt and body. Just not me. The one I'm talking about is called the Texas Yaqui Slide and only cost $40.00. http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/product/h_tys.htm

I was thinking the same idea about using an exacto knife and cutting the circle like Galco does on the back of theirs to allow for the holster to set over a belt loop.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Administrator
    I had a Kirkpatrick that I bought on Ebay & it was well made but, the leather was not quite compact enough.
    I'm not sure that's the best description of what I mean.
    Not quite stiff/dense (leather fibers compacted enough) ??? anyway it went pretty soft on me after approximately a year or so.
    It was nicely crafted though.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Kirkpatrick makes some very good holster. I've not used their concealed carry, stuff but have had their cowboy actions holsters.

Watch out for the Yaqui slide, if heard it easy to bump the gun right out of one, as the barrel protrudes. Taking a seat, and hitting the gun barrel in the process could be embarrassing.

I live about a couple of hours away from there and did make a trip this past summer. Yes, they are still there and have a great gun shop but can't confirm whether they are still run by the same family or not. The lady that helped me seemed like she ran the place and was very knowledgeable about the holsters and the guns!!! Nice folks and a nice gun shop. They make the holsters and other leather goods in the back and walking in you get that great smell of leather!!! BTW, I bought three of their holsters for my Ed Brown Carry Kobra and Wilson Protector.

Kirkpatrick does a lot of work with the Border Patrol along the Texas/Mexico border. Currently the Border Patrol is upgrading their Beretta 96 (40 S&W) to the new H&K USP Compact (40S&W). A buddy of mine really likes their holster and says they'er very well mase. I've been thinking about buying a set for a 1911, just for around the ranch and in the brush. They have pretty reasonably priced Holster, Mag Pouches, and Belt Combos.

http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/

All else aside let me add one thing about Kirkpatrick Leather, it is located in Texas. As a Yankee from MA let me just say that Texas is the best place on the planet and I would expect no less then a great holster from Laredo!

I have a Kirkpatrick also

I have the Kirkpatrick "Compact Under Cover" model for my Colt Defender. It is a pancake holster with belt loops on either side of the gun. It seems to work quite well, and holds the gun high on the belt. Here is a picture of it:

Next to Tucker Gunleather, Kirkpatrick is the choice for quite a few Texas Rangers. As you can see from the custom rig on the left hand side of Kirkpatrick's Web-page.

http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/
    ==============================
    "American by Birth, Texan by the Grace of God"

Links