Looking for a good side/fanny pack holster - Page 2

Looking for a good side/fanny pack holster

This is a discussion on Looking for a good side/fanny pack holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Plus, nothing says, "Senior Citizen" like a fanny pack. (-;...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Distinguished Member
    Plus, nothing says, "Senior Citizen" like a fanny pack. (-;

Check out http://www.hawkepaks.com/prod.itml/icOid/133 . Their Micro GunPak-1 is a pretty innovative design that doesn't screen gun unless you live in Fresno County where they are common. One additional feature that's nice is they are not only available in black.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Plus, nothing says, "Senior Citizen" like a fanny pack. (-;
    I'll be 30 in about a year (December 25), so it will be appropriate ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis27 View Post
    Check out http://www.hawkepaks.com/prod.itml/icOid/133 . Their Micro GunPak-1 is a pretty innovative design that doesn't screen gun unless you live in Fresno County where they are common. One additional feature that's nice is they are not only available in black.
    That looks pretty nice (turned my head from Tommy's Gunpack). Do you know what size firearms it will fit? The image shows something that looks at least compact, so I'm not too concerned but I'd hate to order something and find that I'd have to saw off two inches from of the barrel.

there's the maxpedition products... i carry my XD SC and service guns in this comfortably. might be bigger than what you're looking for, though:

http://www.maxpedition.com/product/product_vp_jumbo.htm
    if you look around the site, they have a lot of options.

although i usually try to keep my gun ON my person... don't like the idea of having it in a bag separate from me but sometimes it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Exmasonite View Post
    although i usually try to keep my gun ON my person... don't like the idea of having it in a bag separate from me but sometimes it's necessary.
    I would personally prefer to have a more 'attached' holster, but I know already that there will be times when such a carrying method will be infeasable. I figure that I should start from the most universal solution and then look into more conventional, and less cumbersome, carry methods as I examine my seasonal wardrobe changes.

I have had a lot of personal success with a BAGMASTER belt pistol pack
    As you can see from the pic it does not look like a traditional fanny pack and it will hold extra stuff quite well.

Another thing that I have done is to attach straps to my belt pack and wear it over the shoulder (with it clipped to the belt or not) and that also works exceedingly well too. The attached pic shows how I have rigged it with 3" split rings.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

For a little different approach, try the safepacker holster from Wilderness Tactical Products. I think .thewilderness.com wil bring them up.
    Last edited by GeeVee; February 22nd, 2007 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    I.C.E.?? dial 1 911 !!!

I bought a Safe Packer from www.thewilderness.com
    Great carry option for my full size M&P 9.

I don't know if I should be thanking everyone for the replies or cursing them.

I asked expecting to see one suggestion that really stood out above the others, or at the very least on that would be more 'adequate' than anything else. I'm a bit picky about styles, which is why I've solicited opinions rather than just buying the first pack that I found online.

And now there are at least THREE packs suggested here that interest me. You've inundated me with possibilities and I have to make an actual decision!

I am grateful for the responses. It's been very helpful in expanding my choices; many of these tempting offerings I'd not found through web searching. Thanks for the answers, everyone.

Distinguished Member
    Dairy Creek, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for in another post. And I just bought another belt pouch last night. sigh. )-:

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Dairy Creek, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for in another post. And I just bought another belt pouch last night. sigh. )-:
    Pleased that I could help
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I have a Blackhawk fanny pack, and it's fine. I use it in the summer for my XD45. Other times, I use my Max conV holster, which I also highly recommend. You're right about the included holster. The magazine loader is nice, the rest, other than the gun of course, is trash.

Maxpedition

I'm not sure if anyone else has suggested the maxpedition line, but if you're set on a bag / pack solution, they seem to me to be very functional for many things including carrying a concealed firearm.

http://maxpedition.com/product/catalog_versipack.htm

cw

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    First of all welcome and congrats on the permit. Nice to have more CHL's here in Louisville.

Personally I would nix the fanny pack idea. If I see a guy with a fanny pack around here I am screaming gun! I can't imagine that 10 or 20 pounds is going to matter for IWB carry. I would suggest looking at a good IWB holster. Try somewhere like Shooters Supply. Take the holster out of the bag stick your gun (or one of theirs) in it and stuff it down your pants. See what it feels like. They are quite accommodating at Shooter and should be able to help you. I would also recommend Kieslers across the river. I purchased my OWB Blackhawk from there and they offered to let me return it if I didn't like it.

If nothing else go OWB with an untucked t-shirt.

The full size XD may be too big for you to carry comfortably in the way that you wish to carry it.

Also, there is a new killer indoor range out in Crestwood called Open-Range. It's 5 mins off exit 14 on I-71.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links