Holster Jeans?

This is a discussion on Holster Jeans? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody tried those $70 JEANS called "TOTERS?" They have a "universal holster" built into the front and hip pockets. Looks like a KEWL concept. ...

Thread: Holster Jeans?

Holster Jeans?

Has anybody tried those $70 JEANS called "TOTERS?" They have a "universal holster" built into the front and hip pockets. Looks like a KEWL concept. Was wondering if any of y'all have heard of it. Blackie Collins is the maker: http://www.blackiecollins.com
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Yes....and don't. Nice jeans, nice pockets, but IMO not comfortable. I am 6', 165lb, 33" waist. Would rather have a couple of pair of Levis.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

JT
    Personally, I would trust a well-made, sturdy leather or Kydex holster above those. But, I haven’t seen them in person, so I’m no expert.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Blackie lives in my hometown, and I regard a number of his knife designs very highly!

I've not tried the "Toters" jeans, but instinctively question how they could be much improvement over a good pocket holster in a set of ordinary jeans.

They are good looking jeans--just not properly made for the intended job.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Though those jeans do seem to offer a lot of carry options, they are a little too obvious to me. With the darker blue Cordura pocket sections it would advertise that you are probably carrying to folks with a certain amount of knowledge in the area, like everyone who's looked at this thread. Seems like it would be a better option to try and hide the fact a little more.

Mike

Mike, I don't think that I could carry anything in any position and successfully conceal it from the people reading this board.

Ever since I've started this whole thing, I'm spotting guns in the crowd now.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by mchasal
    Though those jeans do seem to offer a lot of carry options, they are a little too obvious to me. With the darker blue Cordura pocket sections it would advertise that you are probably carrying to folks with a certain amount of knowledge in the area, like everyone who's looked at this thread. Seems like it would be a better option to try and hide the fact a little more.
    I agree, if he made them in a Levis/Wrangler cut and knock off all of the Cordura accents they might catch on. I might rather have another pocket between the front and the back one that would allow you to carry a little further back, which would make it a little more concealable. I can't say, however, that I have ever seen these in person, just in catalogs.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    I can't say, however, that I have ever seen these in person, just in catalogs.

WHew, Bumper, that was a relief to hear! LOL.....keep those eyes focused above the beltline! What that matter, maybe we've all seen them but just didn't notice !!!!!

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospector
    WHew, Bumper, that was a relief to hear! LOL.....keep those eyes focused above the beltline! What that matter, maybe we've all seen them but just didn't notice !!!!!

Arggg, noooo, I meant I have not seen them in stores. That's the problem, though, if you see someone with cordura pocket accents you know he has on those jeans. By the way, Prospector, how are you gonna carry in that hospital gown?
    Bumper

Red face

I don't know Bumper.....crap, I was never able to use suppositories....beats heck outta me!

Carry holster

I've tried several that I didn't care much for, but now use a leather IWB made by Andrews. It has tensioning screws and a forward rake, but is a little tight with a belt pulled over it. Yeah, I know, if I was skinny it wouldn't be that tight. The only modification I've made is adding a piece of sheepskin about three inches square to the bottom so it laps over the end an inch or so. The bottom edge used to wear the skin off my hip if I wore it all day and moved around a lot. Holsters have come a long way since the old cowboys used them. Like, an old cowboy and his young son were looking at the wares in the window of a department store one day. The little buckaroo spotted a mannaquin with a brassiere and asked his pop what it was. The old cowboy thought a minute, then replied, "Well, son, they're sorta like holsters." By the way, Prospector, I never had much luck with supositories either. They didn't work and left a greasy taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by Hotelcharlie; March 2nd, 2005 at 11:43 PM.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotelcharlie
    By the way, Prospector, I never had much luck with supositories either. They didn't work and left a greasy taste in my mouth.
    LOL, I.... bet.... they.... would
    Bumper

Thumbs up Sam Andrews Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Hotelcharlie
    I've tried several that I didn't care much for, but now use a leather IWB made by Andrews. It has tensioning screws and a forward rake, but is a little tight with a belt pulled over it. Yeah, I know, if I was skinny it wouldn't be that tight.
    Sam is as skinny as a RAIL. I hate that about him. I've known him for over 15 years and he hasn't gained an ounce in all that time! Me, I keep growing...out.......not up. Your IWB would be a MacDaniels, I'm guessing. I have one as well. I also have several others from Sam, including a Monarch Shoulder rig for my 1911 that has served me very well.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Hi All

I never saw the need for pants maed expressly for CCW. A good pair f Levi's or Carhartts and I'm good to go.

Having said that, you should check out www.KINGSIZEDIRECT.com they have some good pants available at good prices. I like their full elastic baggy jeans. Over the years I have put on a few pounds (which is to say I'm FAT). These pants work well for me whether I am carrying in an OWB holster or a IWB holster. They also work well with my Ron Graham/Pale Horse Holsteres "Down Under" model holster.

The "Down Under" holster is a strip of leather with na belt loop at the top and a nini holster at the bottom. I have 2, one for my NAA mini revolver in 22LR and one for my Beretta 21-A. To use it you simply put your belt through the belt loop and drape the holeter over your waistband and down the leg of your pants.

Links