fobus paddle holster for 1911

This is a discussion on fobus paddle holster for 1911 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is the concensus on the Fobus paddle holster for the 1911? I just bought one off of ebay for $9.00. I have been carrying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fobus paddle holster for 1911

fobus paddle holster for 1911

What is the concensus on the Fobus paddle holster for the 1911? I just bought one off of ebay for $9.00. I have been carrying IWB for a while and figured id give OWB a try. If it works, GREAT! i only spent 9 bucks on it. If it fails, Oh Well, i only spent 9 bucks on it.

2. Remove Ads

Not for my 1911s, they deserve better. I am biased and I prefer leather. Regards, Richard

I can't carry 1911s IWB very well. I want to pick up a nice shoulder rig for my 1911, but when I carry it, I use a Fobus paddle holster.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I prefer leather and for daily concealed carry that is all I use. However I have a couple of the Fobus paddle holsters and use them around the house, at the range and around the farm. They worh great for that.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Fobus. I consider them junk. Sure they are cheap but you usually get what you pay for. Once you have tried better you will not use Fobus.

I'm in agreement with Orangehole. Cheap and with good reason. I find paddle holster protrude from the body too much for good concealment for me. I bought one Fobus holster, and it was my last Fobus holster.

I much prefer the good leather ones I've bought from Andrews, KD, UGB, Black Hills. There are plenty of good leather crafters on the holster link that can sell you a far far better holster than a Fobus, but it will cost more than $9, as they will not be junk.

But, if it works for you, then thats all that matters.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I think they make a good range holster in the sense that they're cheap, OWB, & easy to take off.

I would not use for concealed carry for pretty much all the reasons listed. Personally, I can't seem to use a paddle for concealment anyways. I prefer IWB, but a good OWB that tucks the grip in works best, IMHO.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Personaly and only speaking for myself I would not put one of my firearms into a fobus if it were given to me . I would look long and hard at any other kydex as well , but might actualy use a quality one for a stainless gun lol . In ccw your holster , and belt are almost all the comfort factor, and i would venture to say almost half your concealment factor. Then you have to figure if the holster will preform the same way every time without fail ( kinda like your duty gun ) and so far fobus just does not mesure up for me . I dont carry a jennings or ravin , nor do i put a gun in a fobus. If that is all you actualy can afford well then i would say your better armed than with nothing , but quality arms , and quality holsters go a long way to making self defense both easyer and more reliable .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Fobus if translated into english means.....crap.

Range holster at best. NEVER use it for your carry holster.

If you want kydex go to Comp-Tac or Tucker Gun Leather very good kydex holsters.
    If you want leather....there are plenty of great custom holster makers out there.

Senior Moderator
    It seems that people either hate em or love em.

They do work and they are convenient.

You have to be the ultimate judge of whether you like it or not.

Be open minded about it. If you like it its money well spent. If not, I'm sure you can get your 9 dollars back on it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

+1 on all of that negative stuff -- & they ard not kind to a bead-blasted SS finish. I'll pass.
    I.C.E.?? dial 1 911 !!!

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    I have one and it doesn't bother me at all. I'm not worried that it will affect the finish on my Kimber. In fact, I don't mind that my carry piece isn't pristine ... I expect it to LOOK like a carry piece; a tool. The day I care more about the finish on my carry weapon than I do about how I carry it, I'll know it's time to hang it up.

But that's just me.

Yes, there are other/better holsters out there. The Fobus is functional for all the reasons stated above.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

I like the Fobus for wearing around the house or to the range. I have carried it, but that was under my Carhart of heavy leather coat, hard to conceal otherwise becahse of how far it sticks out.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

that video is not entirely fair, the newer models have a metal reenforcement tab that prevents it from snapping apart, i agree you cant beat a good leather holster, but if you are like me they are great for slipping on real quick to run a short errand, and for about $20 they sure beat buying a floppy uncle mikes cloth and velcro holster, when you need something cheap while waiting for a nice rig to arrive in the mail or get made, the holster selection around here in the gun shops is poor,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links