Briefcase holster attachment?

This is a discussion on Briefcase holster attachment? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Probably spitting in the wind here. Is there such a thing as a briefcase attachment holster? I know there are many briefcase's made specifically to ...

Thread: Briefcase holster attachment?

Distinguished Member

Briefcase holster attachment?

Probably spitting in the wind here. Is there such a thing as a briefcase attachment holster? I know there are many briefcase's made specifically to hold a pistol. I want to know if there is such a thing as a holster that can attach to any briefcase that, obviously, does not look like a holster. I carry a briefcase over my shoulder most of the time. I would prefer carrying a pistol in it rather than conceal carry, where possible. Also, I am trying to avoid paying for a new briefcase just to carry a pistol. I am wondering if there is something out there with velcro/straps/bungi that could be attached to any generic briefcase. Closest I've seen is an Uncle Mike's Gun Belt Pouch.

2. Remove Ads

Most on this forum will probably discourage of off the body carry. For weapon retention, draw speed and other reasons. Do you want to pistol to enclosed inside the briefcase?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

WILDERNESS makes such products. I have enclosed the URL for your convenience and research. http://thewilderness.com/catalog/pro...products_id=65
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    Most on this forum will probably discourage of off the body carry. For weapon retention, draw speed and other reasons. Do you want to pistol to enclosed inside the briefcase?
    Got to agree here. It would make me nervous to carry off body. I don't want the cab to speed away with my briefcase and firearm.

Also, what if you stop on the way home for an errand and leave the briefcase in the car? Do you transition to the body at that point or leave it in the car?

If it's on my body I know exacly where to find it.

IMHO
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Probably spitting in the wind here. Is there such a thing as a briefcase attachment holster? I know there are many briefcase's made specifically to hold a pistol. I want to know if there is such a thing as a holster that can attach to any briefcase that, obviously, does not look like a holster. I carry a briefcase over my shoulder most of the time. I would prefer carrying a pistol in it rather than conceal carry, where possible. Also, I am trying to avoid paying for a new briefcase just to carry a pistol. I am wondering if there is something out there with velcro/straps/bungi that could be attached to any generic briefcase. Closest I've seen is an Uncle Mike's Gun Belt Pouch.
    I've made a couple.

I have a Dillon's concealed carry tote from Blue Press that I like. It looks like it carries a laptop (and can). One compartment is soft velour lined in the middle for a hand gun. $45.

+1 for the dillon. I know you don't want to spend money on a new tote, but you really ought to give this a look. I can not always carry on my body either and for $45.00 which is less than a holster you can get a very nice bag that is set up with a handgun compartment in the middle. Only one zipper and your on your handgun from outside of the bag. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    I would prefer carrying a pistol in it rather than conceal carry, where possible.
    You've gotten some good answers, but you may want to evaluate, "Why", also. Frankly, off-body carry only makes sense with respect to a bug-out-bag, or possibly, maybe where no other holster/concealment method would be as discrete. If your personal-risk is low enough that you feel comfortable with your weapon (I assume full-size) off-body, I would suggest a pocket pistol (J Frame, Seecamp, Keltec, etc) that cannot be removed from you with a stiff shove and slap. Bad enough to lose your briefs. Worse tohave to report your pistol stolen, ala "purse-snatcher".

Links