Hate To Ask But........ I need a holster

This is a discussion on Hate To Ask But........ I need a holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Try Fist...great holsters...always 3-5 weeks... I have 2 doz+ now...good stuff! OMO Stay armed...stay safe! ret...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hate To Ask But........ I need a holster

See Holster Sources...(above)

Try Fist...great holsters...always 3-5 weeks...

I have 2 doz+ now...good stuff!

OMO

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread....hreadid=661288

try tht site. i just ran into it and i hope tht will help. cheap and i am pretty sure he will ship fast. good luck
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

If you want a GREAT holster, QUICKLY. Try UBGholsters.com or BlackHillsleather.com. You'll have it in less than a month and it will not be junk you just toss in a drawer later.

I love the Mc D from Andrews, but it was long wait ( July to December ) Defender from KD is a good holster two, but also expect to wait.
    Last edited by sass20485; February 26th, 2007 at 09:55 PM.

VIP Member
    The only over the counter leather I really like is Don Humme. If I couldn't find something in his inventory that I thought would fit my needs, I would order a kydex holster from one of the better brands (Comp-Tac or Blade-Tech) and get by with that until my custom holster arrived.

Of course, I am lucky in that my prefered maker (UBG) is still able to turn things around pretty quickly.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Don Humme JIT, you just cant be it for the price. $20.00. I use the JIT with Glocks and Kimbers, and can carry all day very comfotable.

+1 on Comp-Tac

Got it in about 1 week. Bought it for IDPA - not sure how well it would work for CCW

I have carried a Glock 23 for 11 years and the best holster I have found is the Bianchi Carry Loc, series 82. I don't care for IWB, just not comfortable. I like a high rise pancake and this is by far the best I have used. Before you forget it because it is a retention holster, let me say I hate thumb breaks and retention holsters in general, however the release lever on this holster is so perfectly placed that your finger depresses it as part of a normal draw. I practiced with the store display unit for 30 min before I laid out the cash, if my draw was slowed in anyway it would go back to the store. This one is a keeper!!! Just wish they made one for my P232.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Give Sam Andrews a call. Get yourself another custom holster without a long wait. http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Freetrapper, if you are looking for a non custom holster, I can vouch for the Galco Concealable. I'm using one as an interim until my Brigade Gunleather holster comes in. Frankly, I am really surprised at how well the Galco is working for me. I use it with a Sig 229, and have found that with as thick as the Sig is, I'm able to wear it under a light sweater without too much worry of printing. It took all of four days from ordering for the holster to arrive.

As far as Andrews custom leather is concerned, I have two of Sam Andrew's holsters -- one is a hybrid saddle with thumb break for my Govt Model Series 70, it works like a champ. The other is a hybrid saddle without thumb break for my Sig 220...again, the quality is simply AWESOME. The only drawback is that the holster for my Sig took about 4 months, however, I knew before hand it was going to take awhile. You can't go wrong with Andrews Custom Leather.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

I went ahead and ordered a Don Hume last Friday. They assured me it would ship today or tomorrow and should be here yet this week. They had a lefty in stock for a reasonable price. I hope it works out for me.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat with my BHP and waiting for my holster to be made. In the mean time I purchased a Don Hume ITP to tide me over till my custom holster arrives.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links