Hate To Ask But........ I need a holster

This is a discussion on Hate To Ask But........ I need a holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have already ordered a MaxCon VI from Gary so that will be my primary carry holster for my G26. However that is 10 to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate To Ask But........ I need a holster

Hate To Ask But........ I need a holster

I have already ordered a MaxCon VI from Gary so that will be my primary carry holster for my G26. However that is 10 to 12 weeks away.

I need a holster in the mean time and I would like a nice leather holster (might consider kydex but I was not overly impressed with the Fobus) without a retension strap. An OWB (high ride pancake style) would be nice that I can use for limited carry and range use even after I get my custom carry holster. Would anyone recommend an over the counter factory made rig that they would trust with retension and durability?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Bianchi?

I don't know how the others feel about Bianchi, but I have this holster for my snubby wheel gun:
    3S_l.jpg
    It's an IWB, but has worked really well for my needs. It has a metal ring that allows you to change the cant for different positions. I am pleased with the quality of construction for an OTC holster.

Here's their homepage to look at others:

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

I'm waiting till I'm out of school (May) until I get my real rig from Gary.

Dave.
    Go beyond that which is required of you...

Give El Paso Saddlery a call, they might have something that would work for you too.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by freetrapper View Post
    (might consider kydex but I was not overly impressed with the Fobus)
    Judging kydex based on a Fobus holster is like judging European automobiles based on the Yugo. There are much better kydex holsters out there from manufacturers like Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech. My EDC holster is a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. and I love it. If you want to go with an over the counter leather holster, that's fine, but I think you should consider a good kydex holster.

Galco, Don Hume, DeSantis---------all come to mind for a good non custom holster. Be carefull tho-------you might really like one of these and end up saving some money! Almost all my holsters (that I actually use) are custom, but the above holsters work pretty well. Time for you to start a holster box anyway----------!
    Good Hunting,
    str1

Administrator
    I've had good luck with Galco.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The Comp-tac CTAC would work very well for you and it would not take long for you to get it. A kydex holster works great. They are fast, have good retention and sure make reholstering EASY!! Comp-tac is very high quality gear!! http://www.comp-tac.com/

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

For range use and temp use, I'd go C.T.A.C ... you may never switch ;-)
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

VIP Member
    It's cool weather... get a good OWB holster. I like the Galco Concealable. Then when you get your IWB you'll still have a holster that you'll be able to use!
    Last edited by Thumper; February 23rd, 2007 at 02:57 PM.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The Comptac Paddle Holster or the Settable Cant Holster look like possible options and the leather Galco Concealble is a great looking rig as well.

Thanks guys, I have always liked leather so I am not sure Kydex is for me. However I just swung over and purchased my first "Plastic" pistol with the Glock so maybe I don't know what I am missing.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    the Galco concealable holster works pretty darn well.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    I agree that something nice that might already be in stock for a reasonable price would be someting from Don Hume. Check out Gunnery Alley.

I have just looked at the Don Hume 711 Open Top and it is a a sweet looking rig for the most part but when I called nobody has one in stock for a lefty to fit my 26. To get one would be 6+ weeks.

They did turn me on to the H721 Open Top that is very similar but without the detail boning and the opening is not reinforced. I might try that one as it can be here in a couple days.

Anyone have any experiance with either of these holsters?

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've had good luck with Galco.
    Same here,however a nice kydex might be a choice as a alternative for the leather holster .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Hey Rocky, when are you going to put together a website? You're making some really nice kydex gear and I'm sure several of us here would benefit from the availability of it. Besides, you like money more than free time, right?
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links