Carrying a 92 FS

Carrying a 92 FS

This is a discussion on Carrying a 92 FS within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Beretta 92 FS that I enjoy shooting. I would like to carry it once in awhile. Does anyone have any experience carrying ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrying a 92 FS

Carrying a 92 FS

I have a Beretta 92 FS that I enjoy shooting. I would like to carry it once in awhile. Does anyone have any experience carrying one of these? And if so, what holster do you use. I'm interested in an OWB.

Right now I'm leaning towards an Eagle Defender from K&D. I have on for my P-12 and it works well, except it could use a little more cant. I think that it is at 18 degrees....

whw
    I'm glad to see this post. I recently acquired, and have become a big fan of the 92fs. I'm interested in IWB, if possible. I'm anxious to see the responses.

whw

One of the few people I know who carry one ,and trust his judgement swears by the Nylon "Batwing" holster.

I also like the Kramer stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dave James View Post
    One of the few people I know who carry one ,and trust his judgement swears by the Nylon "Batwing" holster.

I also like the Kramer stuff
    I'm not familiar with the "Batwing" holster???

I carry my 92 FS all the time. Iused a Desanti Tuck-this holster. It was only supposed to be a temporary solution until I found a nicer holster, but it has worked very well, so my search hasn't been as intense as it could have been.

Last night I was helping my wife at the Pizza place she manages because a bunch of her employees called in sick (to go snowmobiling ) and she asked if I would come in and help out.

I had on a pair of black jeans, a t-shirt, and one of the pizza place's uniform shirts (just a t-shirt with their logo). I wore my 92fs all night while I worked in the kitchen. I was sure I was printing at times, but nobody noticed, and they work in some pretty close quarters in that place.

I also use a plain jane Fobus Paddle holster at the range, but I would not recomend it for everyday carry.

So, until you find the perfect carry holster ( if you do, could you let me know where you find it) a Desanti tuck-this is a very affordable temporary (even long-term) solution while you search.

I tried snapping a couple of pics, but I'm home alone this morning, so the angle I had to hold the camera sort of twisted my shirt. I don't think these are the best pics, but it gives you a quick idea.

Good luck, and let me know if you find one you really like.
    Attached Images
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

whw
    Foreveryoung001

Thanks for the pics. I've heard several people say good things about your holster. Can you tell me if the j-hook is adjustable? I looks like it might have an allen type screw that attaches it to the holster.

thanks,
    whw

I occasionally carry my Beretta 92G-SD in a Comp-Tac CTAC...usually under a winter coat though.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by whw View Post
    Foreveryoung001

Thanks for the pics. I've heard several people say good things about your holster. Can you tell me if the j-hook is adjustable? I looks like it might have an allen type screw that attaches it to the holster.

thanks,
    whw
    Yes it is adjustable. I haven't played with it much though, because it really was supposed be temporary. As you can tell from the pic, I naturally carry it with a foward cant, and the j-hook sits at an angel. I never noticed it before until I looked at the pics I just took
    I think i could fix that with a slight tweak, but it seems to work fine for me as is, and as me granddad always said, If it aint broke, don't fix it!"
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I have several Taurus PT92s and I carry IWB. One of the best holsters you'll find is the Andrews Leather Mcdaniel II. It's very comfortable and you can adjust the cant. I have 4-5 of them. http://www.andrewsleather.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    I have several Taurus PT92s and I carry IWB. One of the best holsters you'll find is the Andrews Leather Mcdaniel II. It's very comfortable and you can adjust the cant. I have 4-5 of them. http://www.andrewsleather.com/
    I'm not sure of carrying IWB. That is a lot of pistol to stuff in your pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    You're right, it is a large gun, and it doesn't always work in every situation, but don't buy into the "that gun is just to big to conceal" argument. I've carried it every day since I got my CPL last year except for a couple of time when my dress did demnd that I only took my smaller Sig P232.

On one occasion, I was speaking in front of an audience of 50 people or so, with just a shirt & tie, and my Beratte in it's tuckable, and had no problems.

I'm sure you'll find what works for you the best.

stay safe.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    That's the beauty of the McDaniel II you can adjust the cant so that it fits just right for you. If you do a search in the threads, you'll see that a lot of people carry full size 1911 with it also. I do.

VIP Member
    I'm a huge Beretta fan....I used to carry a 92F Compact (13 + 1 capacity) and 92F Compact Type M (8 + 1 capacity)....both are excellent guns. I've occasionally carried a 96 Centurion too.

I used to carry them in an early generation DeSantis Cozy Partner and then an Andrews MacDaniel II IWB holsters. Both hid the guns extremely well and were both very comfortable.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker View Post
    I second the MacDaniel II for the 92FS. I carry it IWB with this holster religiously, and if you dress right, it's a very good option.

I have a Taurus PT-101 (same frame size as the 92), and have carried it for 12 years in a Bianchi 3S Pistol Pocket (IWB).

I did have a Bianchi 7506 nylon holster that was a lot like a Yaqui style holster that I liked, but never had much opportunity to wear it, now that I want it, I can't find it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links