undershirt holster

This is a discussion on undershirt holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any comments or reviews on the Kramer Confidant, the A Better Holster, and/or the Under Cover Comfort undershirt holsters? I don't know anyone who has ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: undershirt holster

undershirt holster

Any comments or reviews on the Kramer Confidant, the A Better Holster, and/or the Under Cover Comfort undershirt holsters? I don't know anyone who has used one. The on-line photos are not really helpful.

The Kramer looks comfy (v-neck, sleeveless, and cool) but the holster looks like the firearm would sag and/or flop around (even if the shirt was purchased a little small).

The A Better Holster also looks cool (as in temperature), but it is not a v-neck or sleeveless, and the holster, while it appears to hold the firearm tightly to the body, looks like the seams attaching the holster to the shirt would print (even if the firearm didn't).

The Under Cover Comfort holster looks the have the best of both in that it is v-neck, sleeveless, cool, and holds the firearm tight to the body. However, it appears that the holster has multiple snaps on it, and they have to print!

Any comments?

moonshot

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    Any comments or reviews on the Kramer Confidant, the A Better Holster, and/or the Under Cover Comfort undershirt holsters? I don't know anyone who has used one. The on-line photos are not really helpful.moonshot
    Use the search function at the top for info on this holster & look for posts by user/member fed wif a sig. He seems to have a good deal of experience with that model and some good recommendations.
    Jack
    Last edited by maclean3; February 26th, 2007 at 07:06 AM.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I have a C-Tac Infidel with the Shirt tucker strut works fine for me.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I ordered a UC Comfort, hope to get it sometimes this week.
    Fed w sig convinced me even said he'd pay me back if i didnt like it hahah j/k

Have a CTAC also and it works well with my shirt tucked in, but there are times that I have to bend over and my shirt at times has a tendency to work it's way loose.

May try a smart carry still trying to convince myself to get one maybe one day

Some additional info I should have included in my opening post...

I have a Smartcarry. Works great and conceals well, but I am looking for something a little more comfortable with faster access. I wouldn't get rid of it, though. In fact, I will be ordering another smaller version soon.

I had a FIST tuckable. Worked as advertised, but still was way to conspicuous. In order to tuck my shirt in, I had to blouse my shirt around the grip, and it was obvious I had something there. Kind of like a baby Glock in a pocket. It may not look like a gun, but it ain't inconspicuous.

Plus, I am looking for a single holster option I could use every day, regardless of what the weather or what I was wearing (dressy, casual, grubby, etc). I would rather not have to pause in my presentation and ask myself..."OK, what holster am I wearing today?"

Remember the old saying..."Beware the man with one gun. He probably knows how to use it." I think that logic also applies to how one carries it.

Finally, I have done the search and read what fed with a sig had to say. It was him (or her, I don't know) who informed me there was an option to Kramer Confidant. My only concern with the UCComfort were those snaps all over the place, plus I don't need all that gear. One firearm (small) and one spare mag (also small).

I guess I may order one just to see. Any other ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Moonshot

Smart carry

Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    Some additional info I should have included in my opening post...

I have a Smartcarry. Works great and conceals well, but I am looking for something a little more comfortable with faster access. I wouldn't get rid of it, though. In fact, I will be ordering another smaller version soon.

I had a FIST tuckable. Worked as advertised, but still was way to conspicuous. In order to tuck my shirt in, I had to blouse my shirt around the grip, and it was obvious I had something there. Kind of like a baby Glock in a pocket. It may not look like a gun, but it ain't inconspicuous.

Plus, I am looking for a single holster option I could use every day, regardless of what the weather or what I was wearing (dressy, casual, grubby, etc). I would rather not have to pause in my presentation and ask myself..."OK, what holster am I wearing today?"

Remember the old saying..."Beware the man with one gun. He probably knows how to use it." I think that logic also applies to how one carries it.

Finally, I have done the search and read what fed with a sig had to say. It was him (or her, I don't know) who informed me there was an option to Kramer Confidant. My only concern with the UCComfort were those snaps all over the place, plus I don't need all that gear. One firearm (small) and one spare mag (also small).

I guess I may order one just to see. Any other ideas are welcome. Thanks.

Moonshot
    Hi I have been using a smartcarry for over a year and it works great once you practice with your draw technique.IMHO. You can do Anything with it on. I found that it is the most comfortable and most used holster that I have. I use a Taurus MilPro PT-111 9mm for my EDC weapon. I you have any questions about it I will try to answer them for you. Have a good day.
    Always Pack and Keep Your Groups Tight.

I have looked at those T shirts and at $60 that seems a little steep, but they do look like they would make me look skinnier by the material they are made of. I simply can't see the difference between this and the Belly band. The belly band can be worn with many forms of dress and in multiple locations on the upper torso. I carry my Sig P232 and J frame model 60 in it. A good belly band runs $20-$30, not the cheap ones, and I just feel they are more versatile. I only use the Belly band when deeper concealment is a must, otherwise I use a Bianchi Carry Loc holster for my Glock 23, wish they made this holster for the P232. Just my .02
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I used the Kramer Confidant shirt twice while I have owned it. Both times, I noticed the shirt was a bit baggy under the arms where the holsters are located. It allowed the gun to move around, and found myself subconsciousily moving my arm around to assure the back of my arm kept the gun in tight. In my humble opinion, one size fits all does not lend itself well to this type of holster. If it fit as it should, then I would venture to say it would be perfect.
    Also, the velcro is very noisy and scratchy. In a positive side, it is well made and super light. You do feel it move up if you raise your arms or shoulders up on your waist, so something else to be cognizant of.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Wow.....no wonder my ears burnt today.

First off....when did I say I'd buy it from ya? I dont even think you wear my size, LOL. Keep it up and I'll pull the stiches on your shirt.

mocarryguy....sorry but KRAMER CONFIDANT SUCKS. Wow that felt better. I have worked with Greg (Kramer) over the years and he has refused to make any modifications to his t-shirt and it shows. His product is the worst t-shirt holster out there and a total waste of money. It takes so much work to make it functionable and wears out faster than any other shirt on the market. I'm sorry that you bought it but I did to once upon a time.

NCHornet....ya there not cheap, and I spend $140 a year buying two t-shirt holsters every year or 18 months, but I use them daily for up to 20 hours a day. I've never been made while using them and have walked into the hallowed halls of many of the finnest spotters of concealed carry.

Tuckable holsters are fine when in an environment where folks dont know what to look for. But if someone is observant its not that difficult to spot a tucker holster when someone has their shirt tucked in.

I also have a Thunder Wear holster and occasionally use it. However there are a couple issues with it. When using it with a decent sized weapon, I feel like John Holms and if I sit down, I look like it. Some folks swear by them and with practice you can draw from it pretty quickly. But for daily usage its just not for me.

I'll go back to my cage and wait for my new order of UC Comforts to show up. Yes I still pay for them and use them daily when at work.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

fed_wif_a_sig...

What are those snaps for? OK, I know what they 're for, just can't see why they are there in the first place. Can they be removed without seriously damaging the shirt? Also, the web site shows two different shirt styles. Are you familiar with both? You are convincing me I should go with UCC over Kramer, but what about A Better Holster? Finally, I am not as buff as those models on the web site. I may not be the Charles Atlas "before" picture, but I ain't Hulk Hogan either. The gun(s) to hide range from G26 through PM9 down to P3AT (don't have a PF9 yet).

moonshot

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Wow.....time to think here. No do not remove the snaps you'll ruin the holster. They are there to allow for flexability of choice in carry. With those snaps you can choose to carry a gun or handcuffs or magazines or expandable batton or knife or flashlight or (you get the idea). Those snaps are what make the rig so versital and they do not hurt anything.

A Better Holster. Good enough if your only going to use it for a limited time and only need to carry a weapon and spare mags AND don't mind having a necked shirt with sleves. I do not like having a neck or sleves on my t-shirt holsters as I wear another t-shirt under mine.

The different models of UC Comfort that I am aware of are the standard, 3XH and racer back.
    -The standard does not have a pouch in the front of the rig (which was my addition to the designs which I'll explain later) and has sleves and necked.
    -The 3XH can be had in sleveless and v-neck with a pouch in front. This pouch is designed to hold a "soft trama plate" to protect the heart and allow for a drop location of your weapon or any other you secure at the scene. As a medic, you can take a shot into any but three places and I'll most likely keep you alive to meet the docs. The head (your pretty much toast) the nutts (ok I guess you can live as a eunick) and the heart (no ticker no luck). I suggested that Al add the pouch and he did.
    -The Recerback holster. Pretty much designed for women. Dont know of any man who uses it, but I do know females that do a swear by it.

UC Comfort informed me that they are comming out with new designs soon and I look forward to seeing them.

Kramer is JUNK!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry. I can say that because I have held many hours of phone calls with Greg and told him the same but he refuses to change. The shirt MUST be tailored to fit you. The off gun side MUST have all the stiches cut out and re-sewn to hold your mag pouches and even then they dont do a good job of doing so. I begged Greg to make some changes but he didnt want to and thus I started making my own till Al started up UC Comfort. Its cheaper for me to make my own, but not with all the options I get from a UC Comfort.

Order the size you normally wear in t-shirts. They will appear tight, but unless it prevents you from breathing comfortably thats what you want. The t-shirt being tight is what holds the gun tight against your chest and thus keeping it where it is suppose to be. Gun flop in a t-shirt holster is bad bad ju-ju. I dont look like one of the models they use either but dang it I try.

I use my t-shirts to carry everything from a snub nose j frame up to a 1911/M-9/and on once occasion a Desert Eagle just for kicks to prove that a guy who was (notice the past tense) 130#s could conceal a Desert Eagle 44 Auto Mag, two extra mags, a expandable batton, pair of cuffs, flashlight, OC spray and knife under a dress shirt and not be noticed by a room full of trained spotters for a full day. Once the stuff started comming out and being set on the table I made believers out of them and I'd guess 80% bought shirts themselves.

Back to my cage.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I was jokin Fed :) but mine should here hopefully this week. You also brouht up a point in a previous post another reason is like you said if ppl know what to look for they can spot you. I've noticed myself a few people carrying concealed I know a few people at work that have guns and figured they would notice it, don't want to rock the boat.

VIP Member
    By the way you can go to the Members List and find fed_wif_a_sig then look at his posts. He has several where he talks about the UC Comfort and at least one where he posted a number of photos of him wearing the 3XH. I have looked at UC Comfort seriously several times, but because of the dress code where I work I don't need one. If that changes I will be getting several. Steve (fed_wif_a_sig) has been wearing in all sorts of circumstances and recommending the UC Comfort products for quite a while.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Steve:
    Why don't you talk to the Smartcarry folks and convince them to add a trauma plate?
    Jack

FED,
    It's obvious you believe in this mode of carry and this product in general and I respect that. Not all of us need this deep of concealment at all times. For the majority of the time I am content with a high rise pancake holster for my Glock 23, and in 11 years of carry, I too have never been made. There are times when deeper conealment is needed and that is when I resort to pocket carry or a belly band. This mode of carry is used a couple times per month when a tucked in shirt is a must. It seems to me the shirt and the belly band are very similar the band is 6" wide and the shirt, well it's a shirt. I have had two belly bands, one black and one white that I have had for over 10 years. They too will carry everything from a AMT .380 back up, to a full size 911, or 92F and everything in between. It has holsters sewn in both sides with a pocket in the rear, the extra holster and pocket will carry extra mags, cuffs, light knife etc.. One benefit I see to the belly band is it allows for me to position the weapon in not only the most comfortable location but the location that provides the best concealment. This location will vary from person to person. As I said before a high quality belly band can be had for $20-$30 and lasts for years. Why is the UC Comfort T shirt superior to the Belly Band? I am not trying to be a Smart ....., I am simply asking a question, and since you are familiar with this product I thought you would be able to answer it for me.
    Thanks
    Kevin L.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links