Defensive Carry banner

USP Compact Owners - IWB recommendations

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  mzmtg 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some recommendations for a leather IWB holster for my primary ccw (H&K USP 40c) based upon actual use/experience.

Thanks for the help!

#2 ·
For IWB right now i carry a don hume such as this one http://www.donhume.com/Products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=35 ... on the way i have a KD Dakota Defender that should be here in about 6 - 8 weeks.. once that gets here i will let you know.. but as of now my don hume doesnt move or anything when strapped in... nice holster for the money

#5 ·
I really like the look of the Comp-Tac C-T.A.C., but how well does it pull the grip of the pistol up close to the body? It gets pretty hot here in the summer and light, thin shirts are the norm.

Out of curiosity, what's the beef with kydex?

#8 ·
I really like the look of the Comp-Tac C-T.A.C., but how well does it pull the grip of the pistol up close to the body?
Definitely. It does a very good job holding the gun close to the body (especially if you play around with the cant).

#6 ·
I've got quite the box full of USPc holsters......

I've settled on an In-Descernable from Mark Garrity. See his website for a pic.

Also use a UC Comfort shirt.

Others I've tried and reside in the box....

--CTAC. Actually the best of the mothballed rigs. Holds it close, almost indefinite cants and possible positions. Kydex is hard and gets uncomfy FOR ME.
--Galco SkyOps. Another decent rig. Only can be used with 1 1/4" belts though. Not as stable in cant during wear as CTAC. Tends to "swim around a bit".
--Galco USA. Another "idea" that didn't work too well.

I'm sure there's a few more in there too. I've been using Mark's rig for almost a year now and it IS my IWB rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.