I saw an interesting idea on CSI

This is a discussion on I saw an interesting idea on CSI within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They were searching a high-end car that had a cheap CD changer mounted on the floor. Inside was the guys gun. At first I thought ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I saw an interesting idea on CSI

I saw an interesting idea on CSI

They were searching a high-end car that had a cheap CD changer mounted on the floor. Inside was the guys gun.

At first I thought that was a good idea, then I thought:
    1. I guess there are probably still people that think a Cd changer is worth stealing.
    2. If it was a good idea, it isn't now because everyone else watches CSI too.
    I like my solvent and my lubricant for my guns to rhyme, so I use Gasoline and Vasoline.

From Pennsylvania? www.pafoa.org

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I removed my cd changer & replaced it with a Gunvault.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

CSI is fun to watch, but they are way off on some of their facts,

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    You mean TV ISNT REAL! Crap...now I gotta start all over again!

I think the CD Changer is to much of a magnet.....easy to pawn in the mind of an idiot car burglar. Id say carry it with you or just get a vault.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

CSI

I stopped watching CSI. It happened after I saw an episode where someone shot their gun while underwater and killed someone several feet away. To many people believe what they see on TV and CSI put out a lot of mis-information.

Lead Moderator
    An A team lunch box is much better hiding spot.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    An A team lunch box is much better hiding spot.
    Are you kidding? Those things are expensive collectors items now. Somebody would swipe that, too.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

i like the one where internal affairs is looking into an officer involved shooting and the they ask him for his gun and empty the remaining ammo on the table, it was ball ammo

also in real life CSI's that work the crime scene and process it in the lab don't usually carry a gun and badge, dress like super models and make arrests, they usually don't take their sunglasses of and on after each sentence or tilt their head at a 45 degree angle........

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I arrested a guy for hiding his gun (Stolen of course), in a hollowed out CD changer under his seat. That was at least 7 years ago, because I was working the streets then.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 40S&WMAN View Post
    i like the one where internal affairs is looking into an officer involved shooting and the they ask him for his gun and empty the remaining ammo on the table, it was ball ammo

also in real life CSI's that work the crime scene and process it in the lab don't usually carry a gun and badge, dress like super models and make arrests, they usually don't take their sunglasses of and on after each sentence or tilt their head at a 45 degree angle........
    Or question suspects & perform typical detective duties(while driving Hummers, ect)
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    The way the portray crime scene units may be way off, OK they are way off, but any time a hot blonde is handling a firearm it kind of negates a good chunk of it for me. If what they say bugs me to much I may blog about a related issue (ie the difference between a semi-auto rifle and a true assault rifle) without bringing up the show just because I do have a few that stumble accross my blog.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by CT Kid View Post
    I stopped watching CSI. It happened after I saw an episode where someone shot their gun while underwater and killed someone several feet away. To many people believe what they see on TV and CSI put out a lot of mis-information.
    myth busters did this one and found a hand gun under water only went about 2 feet with any kind of penetration to kill.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

CSI Miami

Quote Originally Posted by 40S&WMAN View Post

And stand pidgeon toed
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Yea, a couple weeks ago they had the "high powered .223 ruger 10/22 sniper rifle" I think I snarfed my beer and yelled at the tv. My wife thinks I'm nuts. She's a nurse and points out all the medical inaccuracies in shows, it's only fair. I remember something from English class called "willing suspension of disbelief" in regards to plays. I guess you have to watch tv the same way. It's just hard when I know everything.....
    -Biker

One thing I have always wondered about CSI. Why the heck don't they turn on the lights in a dark room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links