Rosie's Winter Ride

Rosie's Winter Ride

This is a discussion on Rosie's Winter Ride within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife named the new S&W Model 36 "Rosie" when she saw those rosewood grips. I normally carry Rosie when wearing Dockers and shirt without ...

Thread: Rosie's Winter Ride

Rosie's Winter Ride

My wife named the new S&W Model 36 "Rosie" when she saw those rosewood grips.

I normally carry Rosie when wearing Dockers and shirt without any other cover garment, tucked in a Mika's pocket holster.

This winter, when wearing a coat and running errands where I won't be removing it, I've found Rosie easy to take along--a Kramer MSP Paddle is easy to slip on, as is a speedstrip in Simply Rugged's "Most Versatile Ammo Pouch".

Very nice. Thanks for sharing the info, considering a Smith 442 as a smaller alternative to the .45 XD.
    Sprinfield XD 4" .45 Compact
    Blackhawk SERPA

VIP Member
    Very nice... I just ordered Kramer MSPs (and one "Woman's Paddle") for some people who work doing investigations an protection - what are your opinions of the rig?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Assistant Administrator
    That appears to hold in nice and snug - nice

For one horror stricken moment I thought the subject matter was much less palletable LOL!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

ROSIE

Call it Rosie if you want as long as the last name isn't O Donald. Just kidding I' got a model 36 too but havn't named her yet. I like the holster and gun combo. It looks good and rides high.

You name your guns huh?

That reminds me, I gotta go home and field strip and clean Kimberly, Magnolia, Maggie, Bull, Shultz, General Patton and Remmie.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

That Looks Very Comfortable...

and named, 'Rosie' (after O'Donald) fits...because she does 'shoot' her mouth off a lot...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Very nice... I just ordered Kramer MSPs (and one "Woman's Paddle") for some people who work doing investigations an protection - what are your opinions of the rig?
    I'm very happy with it, holds snug to the body and is even more comfortable than any other paddle I've worn. It does have a removable "safety strap" that loops around the belt and snaps, assuring that you never draw the holster with the gun (I don't use it).

You realize, of course, that the MSP stands for Michigan State Police. Their detectives still use it, even UC folks, with Sigs. That speaks highly of it's concealability.

I got the horsehide, which I'm told is not as comfy as the cowhide, since the horsehide's paddle is reinforced with plastic, and the cowhide version's paddle is all leather.

In short, I think you made a wise purchase and the folks they're issued to should be pleased.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

VIP Member
    Thanks, JimmyC. I've talked to a few other folks and they all seem happy with the holster.

My issue paddle holster is the SafariLand 560-54 (very similar to this: http://www.safariland.com/products.asp?id=348), and it is a good holster, but sticks out a bit farther from the body then I'd like. Of course, deep concealment isn't usually a concern when I'm wearing it, as I have a jacket (and badge) to cover it, but I'm very interested to see if the MSP offers the same performance levels in an easier to conceal package. Thanks again for your input!
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I like it !

My first thought when I read your topic was this was about Rosie, "It my spoons fault that I'm fat." O'Donnel.

Nice set up.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

I was worried that this was a post about rosie odonnel's winter ride.. I was expecting a picture of a big dump truck capable of hauling her.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    You know, that is probably the same wheelgun that Rosie's armed body guards carry! (Hypocritical B@%CH!!!!)

All kidding aside that sure is "purdey"!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Nice gun, but the name does carry a certain disdainful connotation.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Sponsored Links