Don Hume Holster Arrived

Don Hume Holster Arrived

This is a discussion on Don Hume Holster Arrived within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have ordered a MaxCon VI for my new Glock 26 but in the mean time I wanted to carry it and I did not ...

Don Hume Holster Arrived

I have ordered a MaxCon VI for my new Glock 26 but in the mean time I wanted to carry it and I did not want to wait. I decided on a Don Hume 711OT. However there were none available and the wait time was looking like 6 weeks. They did have a left handed 721OT in stock for a very resonable price, $43.00 to be exact. The differance is that the 721 does not have the level of boneing that the 711 has and it does not have the extra layer of leather at the mouth.

I gave it a try and ordered it late on Friday afternoon. By Wednesday of the next week it was in my hands and looking pretty dang good. The fit was snug but very nice and retains the firearm well. It only needed a few dozen draws to feel like it was meant to feel. It holds the gun in tight to my side, or as tight as I would expect an OWB holster to be. It does not ride as high as I might have liked but plenty high enough to conceal well. If I have any complaints at all it is the fact that it comes (off the shelf, not a custom order) with 1 3/4" belt slots. I use a 1 1/2" Gunners Ally belt. The G26 is a small gun and it feels fine so I do not know if this makes a lot of differance in this case.

So far I like it, I will give it a work out this weekend at the range but it appears I will be keeping it around for range use and such even after the MaxCon arrives.

i have a 721 OT thats is on loan right now , it was a good value holster .
    i have one of K&D's right now and another on order . i found the 721 to sit two low and straight ,i was constantly shifting it forward in cant .
    i do however feel the agent 711 would be a lot more to what i needed . and would purchase one without hesitation (if i didn't already have a k&d).
    for the value ,turn time . you cant go wrong with it . plus they are localy grown !
    elance

I got one of those OWB OT Hume's for my XD45, and man, was it ever TIGHT when I got it! I just tossed my gun into the bag the holster came in and wrapped it around and left it in overnight. Not too shabby now at all.

It's relegated to OWB winter carry and range use only, so I'm not too concerned about it.

I also have a Hume 715M clip on for my P239 until my Max Con VI comes in. Decent holster, but prone to shifting around a bit.

I really like all my Don Hume holsters. They are quality rigs. Steve48

Links