Liger belts.

This is a discussion on Liger belts. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In addition to a few good quality traditional leather belts I am interested in getting a Liger belt. It's made from a man made composite ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liger belts.

Liger belts.

In addition to a few good quality traditional leather belts I am interested in getting a Liger belt.
    It's made from a man made composite (plastic) but I assume they are pretty good.

Has anyone got one, seen one?

I'm interested in longevity and comfort, not really interested in whether you think it's uglier than the back end of a bus.

Thanks.

LINK

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    I'm interested in longevity and comfort, not really interested in whether you think it's uglier than the back end of a bus.
    I have one and it has replaced my leather (Banana Republic) belt. I wear it every day and I've never had any problem with comfort.

It is very rigid and will not roll. It has a sort of sticky or rubbery quality that keeps it in place once it is on.

As far as durability, it seems very durable and I'd guess it was nearly indestructible.

It certainly makes carrying more comfortable. It doesn't sag or bend and drawing feels more reliable since the belt doesn't travel as much as a normal belt.

How long did the order take to arrive?

I have one and wear it everyday. It's a good carry belt. It's, initially, somewhat uncomfortable but eventually takes shape.

The finish on the edges of the buckle came off the first day I wore it. The buckle system is a pain and hasn't yet become easier to buckle (I've been wearing it daily for about a year).

Bottom line-it's a good tool. I'd likely buy another if necessary.

Dave

VIP Member
    I have worn mine every day for the past 5 months and find it to be everything the reviews said it is. I bought the black with the titanium gray hard-anodized buckle and have had no problems with the finish. I got it from Knifeworks. They had the best price and the belt arrived in three days.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

My comments reflect the opinions of everyone else on the matter. Simply put, these belts ROCK.

I also got mine from Knifeworks - cheapest price I could find and super quick delivery.

I looked at the knifeworks site, they seem to have them in stock which is good.
    I looked around and didn't see a sizing guide, I did on the Liger site but does knifeworks use the same method? i.e. not pants size but actual waist including holster etc.

That price is great.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Yeah, they size it the same way. If you click on the belt, it'll show more detailed info along with the same sizing instructions.

Gee, thanks for starting this thread. I read up about the belt & now I want one, just what I need. I'm not sure if I want the blacked out buckle or not...
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by cockedlocked01 View Post
    Yeah, they size it the same way. If you click on the belt, it'll show more detailed info along with the same sizing instructions.

Gee, thanks for starting this thread. I read up about the belt & now I want one, just what I need. I'm not sure if I want the blacked out buckle or not...
    Thanks, I guess I didn't sniff around enough.

I want the black/black option. You can call me Mall Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    I looked at the knifeworks site, they seem to have them in stock which is good.
    I looked around and didn't see a sizing guide, I did on the Liger site but does knifeworks use the same method? i.e. not pants size but actual waist including holster etc.

That price is great.
    My fiancee ordered mine for Christmas from Knife Works. She says the customer service at knife works is excellent. She says it took less than a week to make it from Louisiana to Florida.

She used the same sizing method they describe on the Liger site.

I have the black/black option, as they were out of nickel buckles when I ordered. Doesn't phase me, and works great. Takes a little getting used to buckling it though.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Because of this thread, I just ordered one. Black with black buckle. Didn't like it at first, but I think it'll work with more clothes. Oh well, thanks .02 for coming up with another way of me parting with my $
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Dont go thinking that you should up the size. I did and screwed myself. Measure your waist and send for that size exactly. (Round up if 33" to 34") Definately get the gray buckle, the black comes off. I like mine alot, also from Knifeworks. Their price is good and the shipping is fast. I get compliments on this belt alot, its just a great belt.
    "The best compliment to the Warrior is that others feel safe while you are around." I would add especially if they REALLY ARE safe when you are around.

I bought a black one, like it so much I bought a brown one too!

When I bought them I was huge, and dropped a bunch of weight. It's not hard to trim it shorter and drill new holes in the belt, so dont' worry too much if it's sized too big.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

It does as advertised. Stuff doesn't slide around on it and it distributes wieght pretty good.

It is more of a chore for me to buckle than normal as I wear mine fairly tight to secure my IWB. I just didn't like it after wearing it after a couple of months. I was suprised as I'm usually up for the latest neat stuff and figured it was just what I needed for business wear. I finally gave it away, sorta loaned it to a bud until he gets around to buying one for him self.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links