Defensive Carry banner

Don Hume J.I.T.

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Steve48 
#1 ·
Just got a Don Hume J.I.T. slide for my G30. This thing is extremely tight. When I go to draw the gun I almost give myself a wedgie trying to get it out. I know this will get better over time, but how long does this take? All of my other holsters were tight when new, but never this tight. I literally have to use both hands to draw. Anyone else had this issue?

#2 ·
d.40v,

You certainly gave me a laugh with the "wedgie draw" comment. I know what you mean.

To solve the problem, I've always placed a thin sock over the gun and then jammed it in the holster overnight. That usually loosens things up enough to keep you from hurting yourself.

good luck,

whw

#3 ·
Hume leather is notoriously tight. Alot of makers recommend wax paper, wax side out.
Wrap it in a layer or two and stuff it in the holster over night....a tight Hume holster may take more than one night and more than two layers of paper....

Shoot well and god bless

#5 ·
Thanks for the advise. I don't have any wax paper, but I do have some thin socks. I'll give that a try since I have no other need for wax paper. If the sock don't work, I'll try the wax paper or the sandwhich bags.

Thanks again......Be safe...

#6 ·
Wax Paper/Cloth & Movement...

In addition to using a piece of cloth, I first holster/reholster several hundred times...then I place the wax paper or smooth cloth around the gun and let it sit for several hours.

I may actually do this several times until the holster is still snug, but the weapon only (IWB) comes out of the waistband.

Good Luck...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret:urla9ub:

#9 ·
I just got my JIT for an SP101; mine was tight but not bad at all and I do like it but it would be ALOT better if there was a little cant to the holster. It's almost straight up and down so the butt doesn't conceal on me as well as it would with some cant. It doesn't hold the weapon as tight against my side either but I bought it as a cheap quick alternative while I wait for my custom holsters to come in. I think it's a good range hoster...

God Bless and be careful drawing! :blink:

Gideon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.