Wilderness Tac Belt Question

This is a discussion on Wilderness Tac Belt Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I have been doing a little searching for a light weight gun belt and from searches here on the forum have seen a number ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Tac Belt Question

Wilderness Tac Belt Question

Okay, I have been doing a little searching for a light weight gun belt and from searches here on the forum have seen a number of members like the Wilderness Tactical Instructor's 5 stitch belt.

This looks great to me, but was wondering if there is a need for the CSM model, the model with the insert compared to the regular 5 stitch model. I am a big guy, (40 in waist), and I carry both IWB & OWB depending on my dress per weather.

Do the majority of members with this Tac belt have just the 5 stitch model or is the CSM model prefered for carrying a large auto. I should also add I am quite active for a large man, so I am considering the extra strength of the insert.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

2. Remove Ads

I've got a 5 stitch Wilderness belt. It's quite strong and stiff even without the plastic insert. I've got about the same sized waist and I've never had any trouble carrying my USP Compact IWB with it.

Thanks for the quick tip!

Regretably, I thought I had posted this in the Gear topic, but just noticed I posted it under this Holsters topic.

Ooops! Silly newbie!!

I have the 5 stitch, and it works well for carrying my G21. Stiff enough to get the job done, but comfortable to have on all day.

Get the belt 2 inches longer than your tape measure indicates.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

I like the csm model very much for iw carry. Also, my dad likes the csm because he utilizes a paddle holster at his job. The holster is a retention model, which requires that the pistol be rocked back as it is drawn. The csm was the only belt that stabalized the holster enough to ensure the correct drawstroke/release every time. Just in case a retention holster is in your line up.

Dan

Hi Fastball!

First off, welcome aboard!!! In answer to your question, I have been testing a 5-Stitch instructor's belt for over a year. It easily supports anything I've tried to wear on it - handling a steel frame 5" 1911 and double mag pouch with ease. I've also used it with my Glock 21 with the same superb results.

The reason I've been testing this belt is that I will not sell or recommend a product that I would not use myself in a life threatening situation. This belt has passed with flying colors, and I am now stocking them for sale.

As a side note, I discussed the polymer lining with the folks who make these belts, and was told that they are intended as a substitute for a regular duty belt (where in addition to a weapon & spare mags a radio, baton, flashlight, pepper spray and handcuffs are also worn). They also recommend them for competitive shooting (where they are worn for shorter periods of time). However, the Wilderness folks told me that they are actually too stiff for ccw applications. Since the 5-Stitch works so well, I believe their recommendations are dead on.
    These are fine belts - you've made a good choice.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Great belt...I wish they made a buckleless version...that would be awesome...

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I have a 5-stitch in each color. I would recommend them to anyone.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Wilderness Belts

I have both the 3 & 5 stitch belts (different colors) and both work with holster and mag holder, no strain, no roll etc. A very good choice.
    I also like the fact I can loosen or tighten as needed without moving a full inch every time.
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

I have a 5 stich 1 3/4", and will be getting a 1 1/2" soon to fit other pants.

I have carried a 7 1/2" Redhawk on mine, without the liner, and it was fine. I can barely tell my 4" XD is even on the belt.
    Sprinfield XD 4" .45 Compact
    Blackhawk SERPA

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I went with the 5 stitch frequent flyer and could not be happier. I carry both IWB and OWB with a Glock 22. Great product at a reasonable price. How can you beat that?
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

You And I Could Wear The Same Belt...

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    Okay, I have been doing a little searching for a light weight gun belt and from searches here on the forum have seen a number of members like the Wilderness Tactical Instructor's 5 stitch belt.

This looks great to me, but was wondering if there is a need for the CSM model, the model with the insert compared to the regular 5 stitch model. I am a big guy, (40 in waist), and I carry both IWB & OWB depending on my dress per weather.

Do the majority of members with this Tac belt have just the 5 stitch model or is the CSM model prefered for carrying a large auto. I should also add I am quite active for a large man, so I am considering the extra strength of the insert.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    I have two of the 5 stitch model...one in black one in tan...I wear them all the time...they work very well.

I use them for my IWB carry of a Kimber...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great respones, gang. Bigtime thank you in answering/making up my mind. Regular 5 stitch it will be!!

Nothing like "word of mouth" recommendations when it comes to certain products.

Gary, I did see that you are now carrying them and glad to hear you personally put it to the test. After some careful measurements, I'll see if you have my size and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    Gary, I did see that you are now carrying them and glad to hear you personally put it to the test. After some careful measurements, I'll see if you have my size and go from there.
    If I do not have your size in stock, I can have it here in a few days. Please give me a call if there is anything that I can do to be of service to you. Thanks!

Just a note / thought... Wilderness will add velcro to the inside of the belt for those who want to go with V-clips. When I called a couple weeks ago they said it's a $12 add on
    For MN specific carry information and a great shooting community, check out forum.twincitiescarry.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links