CZ-52 Issues

CZ-52 Issues

This is a discussion on CZ-52 Issues within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I decided to do my annual cleaning of my gun closet today. To my horror, I found my CZ-52 holster encased in a grey film. ...

Thread: CZ-52 Issues

CZ-52 Issues

I decided to do my annual cleaning of my gun closet today. To my horror, I found my CZ-52 holster encased in a grey film. I suspect it to be some type of mold, but it is just a film, not looking at all like a typical mold. Upon trying to clean the stuff, I noticed a piece of paper crammed into the bottom of the holster. The paper is a white oilskin, approximately 1.25 X 4.5 inches. Written on the paper, in a baby-blue felt-tip/type ink is the name (I believe) "Vadna". The second "a" has a period directly above the letter.

Two questions:
    1) Is there any hope of restoring/salvaging the holster? I don't use it at all, but would like to keep it for historical reasons. If, however, the mold is likely to spread to any of my other holsters, it's history!

2) Would "Vadna" be the name of the armorer/smith who cleaned/restored the weapon prior to shipping it to the US?

Any suggestions/insights would be appreciated.

Saddle Soap

Saddle soap, a soft brush,and some elbow grease.Work up a lather,rinse and repeat until it's as clean as you want it. Wipe off the excess water and stuff with newspaper to retain the shape until dry.Let dry in a warm place, but do not apply direct heat. If your holster looses any color,find a leather dye or shoe polish to match.

Senior Moderator
    Clean as above or look for some speciality products available from tack shops that are fungicdes which won't hurt your leather. You'll still have to clean it.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Links