Eric Larson---HBE Leather

This is a discussion on Eric Larson---HBE Leather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had a chance to speak to Eric regarding my holster order. He has had a negative situation I was unaware of. See my earlier post. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eric Larson---HBE Leather

Had a chance to speak to Eric regarding my holster order. He has had a negative situation I was unaware of.

See my earlier post.

We resolved the problem with my order and I am looking forward to my new holster delivery.

All is well.

Chuck Fischer

kpw
    Good to hear. From all accounts I hear, he's one of the good guys and stuff happens to good guys, too. Sure makes some good looking leather.

VIP Member
    Chuck, thanks for post this. It makes a difference in how folks see our holster makers.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Let's just say Eric has his fair share of bad luck. He works his butt off trying to get caught up, though. I'll give him that.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I looked at the other locked thread after seeing this one. I also recall past difficulties folks voiced about communicating with this business.

While I don't have an axe to grind with any holster maker, perhaps if Mr. Larson communicated better with his customers we'd not see their ire expressed on this forum. His "bad luck" is regrettable, but there's nothing that will maintain loyalty in a customer base like straightforward communication. (Yes, I've been in business, and know about these things!)

From what I've read here, I'm sure he is a "good guy", but that's not the issue. I personally appreciate the "customer feedback" that I've read, since it could weigh into my decision about where to do business some time in the future.

Flame away...
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Great points all of you....both good and bad. I do understand that customer service has to be above board...and it really has been with most of my customers. There have been a few that seem to have slipped through the cracks and cant blame anyone but myself. Ill just do the best I can and keep that trend going.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

I agree with Jimmy C I was one of the customers that fell through the cracks for 8 months.For this reason I willnever deal with HBE again.

Yep, Clifford I know. You and others as well, Im the first to admit Ive screwed up in the past and did somethings I wont do again.

Ive done what I can to rectify these things. Ive refunded money along with free holsters, given mag pouches away etc.....

Somethings are in my control and some arent. Some things are directly my fault and some arent. Im very sorry for any problems Ive created in the past and am doing my best to not do these things again in the future. Thats all I can do.........

Im very aware my reputation has been tainted by negative press....and trust me, I know its not over yet...it may never be.

My communication with customers is better than its been in years, my designs and work are also better than ever. If I continue making holsters then thats the way it works out.......if not, then thats just the way it goes.

Shoot well and god bless
    Last edited by Eric Larsen; March 5th, 2007 at 11:09 PM.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    All I'll add to this is having several of Eric's holsters and several more on order. They are worth a couple of phone calls and the wait.

kpw
    It took me 3 years to try get a holster back from repair from a well known maker that was in the business since I was a kid. He had some personal issues that got in his way. When he did finally get back to me, he was honest and upright about it. He lost my holster. He didn't remember much about it and took my word on faith. He replaced it with a brand new one and a huge discount for another order. He did more than right by me, I ordered more from him and I would today if he started making leather again. A man can make mistakes, we all do. It's what he does to make ammends that makes the man.
    Mr. Larsen, you have my order.

Shoot well and god bless

While I've not done business with you, Eric, your responses here have earned my respect.

It's good to hear that you're working your way out of some of the negative issues--I wish you all the best in that regard!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I have two of Eric Larsen "masterpieces"

I ordered from Eric and was told the time to expect my order ,some stuff happened beyond his control he gave me a new arrival date and all I asked was to be kept in the "know" and he told me to "keep intouch" as to the new date and viola! They arrived.I would buy again and say here, its worth the wait .Know it takes time if your ina hurry buy plastic.Eric you da man! thank you again MR. BILL

My experience with Eric. Called him on Monday and ordered a holster he already had made. Very nice to deal with. Told me my holster would be here wed. and guess what, it was. Very nice holster and very good to do business with. Thanks Eric.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Waiting lists, and backlogs are the result of quality work. It doesn't take much to throw a custom maker off schedule--a common example would be a key machine taking a dive, an illness, or a personal crisis.

Integrity, to me, is having the balls and fortitude to take a hit, get back up, take another hit, and keep getting back up. Life's a breeze when everything's rosy and clicking along. Integrity only shows itself when the poop hits the fan. Eric's taken his hits, and he continues to get back up. And the guy's taken a hell of a lot of hits. He hasn't run and hid, and he hasn't just bankrupted the whole deal and gone on to something else. Most would. It's the easy way.

I wouldn't hesitate to order from, or recommend, HBE and Eric Larsen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links