Defensive Carry banner

P3AT Belt Clip

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  frankmako 
#1 ·
I bought my P3AT expecting to carry it using the clip in warm weather with beltless shorts or swim suit and a T-shirt. I just recently got my belt clip. The weather is still cold (by NC beach standards) so I have only been wearing it at home.

So far, it is completely comfortable standing, walking or sitting. It is very secure, and seems easy enough to draw quickly with just a little practice. This makes my P3AT the perfect little friend for our 8-9 warmest months.

For the few dollars it cost, I would recommend that any Kel-Tec owner give it a try. You might be surprised how handy it makes your gun, both in warm weather and as a deep concealment BUG.

#2 ·
I just never could get it right and I took it back off. I practied my draw with it and I just couldn't get it right. I carry in the front pants pocket works best for me. They are great little guns and I have mine with me 24/7.

#4 ·
With just about any other pistol I would agree with you... but, the P3AT has such a long positive trigger pull that it is highly unlikely that you will ever have a ND/AD.

#7 ·
i got the belt clip on my p3at and i love it all year round. get the uncle mikes pocket holster (small auto size 0) and that's all you will need to carry the p3at. i never take off the belt clip, the gun fits fine in the pocket holster with it on. also, i got the belt clip for my p11 and the clip draw for my s&w j-frame. got to love something simple, something that works. the belt clip is the way to go. lots of people don't like them, but they should try them. now the belt clips are not for all guns, but for the kel tecs and j-frames there are no problems. these gun have long trigger pulls, etc..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.