Defensive Carry banner

Need Holster for Kimber Ultra Carry CDP ll .45

8K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  progun47 
#1 ·
I need help getting a OWD or IWB holster for my Kimber Ultra CDP ll .45. I know that there are a lot of good holster makers in the forum, but I am looking at something that I can order right way.
If you have any suggestions please let me know. Leather Black that is all my requierements.
Contact via Private message or emial at sh39@comcast.net

See less See more
#2 ·
Kirkpatrick Compact Under Cover if OWB?

The most important thing in an OWB holster for a 3 inch 1911 is that the holster and belt are stiff enough that the gun's grip will not tend to swing away from the body. If the holster sits high on the belt there isn't much gun barrel and holster below the belt to stabilize the rig by pressing against your hip, and the force of gravity can make the gun's grip and the holster pivot away from your body, causing printing on your cover garment. So it is important to pick a sturdy, stiff holster that doesn't sit too high vs. the belt.

A horsehide holster in this application has the advantage of stiffness compared to most cowhide, or a cowhide holster made of thicker leather will also work. I have a 3 inch Colt Defender, similar to your Kimber Ultra, and have tried several holsters for it. A good choice is the Kirkpatrick Compact Under Cover, which is pretty sturdy and stays put. It is also available fairly fast - I got mine in a week or 10 days, and it cost $54.

Kirkpatrick Leather website

#4 ·
http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1771.php

That is the one I use and I am very happy with it. I am carrying a a 5" 1911. I like its cant adjustability, just have to make sure you have the screw tight. Also the belt catch is adjuctable for 2 belt sizes. That is a plus in my book.

#8 ·
I have the same weapon and got my holster from http://www.5shotleather.com/ it's burgandy shark skin, and have carried it daily now for about 6 mo. and love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.