Defensive Carry banner

Your holster?

13K views 108 replies 100 participants last post by  Poorly 
#1 ·
Just curious what holster people use. About a month and a half ago I ran across a Tagua IWB holster for my 40 Shield and decided to give it a try. I have to say it has been the most comfortable holster I have ever used.

#7 ·
Sticky Holster & Remora Holster ( They're OK, not my first or second choice).
3Speed Holster & Appalachian Concealment "Gladius" (main carry holsters)

Thinking of Blackhawk Serpa CQC (Level 2) for after Jan 01, 2016 for owb

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Galco Miami Classic for jacket weather with my 1911. Galco ankle glove can't be beat for j-frame comfort, even if it lacks in the deployment category. Barami Hip-Grip rules for convenience and covertness but can be a tad uncomfy at times. Uncle Mike's to me are only good for OC woods carry on the hip.

#13 ·
I've been through a ton of holsters for all kinds of guns, leather and kydex, custom and off the shelf. These days the only guns I carry on my belt are 1911s, the only concealment holster I use is Garrett's Silent Thunder STX 2.0. I have one for full size guns, one for Officers size, I'll be ordering one for my Commanders.

I use a Bianchi M12 and matching web belt and mag pouch for my "work around" 1911. I use a Renegade ankle holster and an Uncle Mike's pocket holster for my S&W J-frames.

#18 ·
That summer special has had some time in use hasn't it? lol

I usually wear one of the custom leather owb's made for me by John O'Rourke. Have always have Sparks summer special and special2's IWB and nearly wore them exclusively for decades on the street. Even have some of his 55bn's in cross draw for several models.

I've tried plastic/kydex and they irritate me to no end. I stick with what is most comfortable for me, and that's leather hand mades.

#16 ·
Like many here, I have a box full of no longer used holsters. I seem to be a sucker for holster adds in magazines (and gun forum post), each offering the latest and greatest in comfort, retention. N82, Alien, SHTF, Galco, they are all in there. Each having their positives, mentioned in their adds, and negatives, that you just have to find out for yourself -because they vary from owner to owner.

My current primary carry holster for my Shield is a Black Mamba CE IWB from Concealment Solutions.

My wife for her new Glock 43 has ordered a very comfortable looking IWB from Stealthgear. When it arrives, I'll have to try it out for myself.

SGUSA holsters for the Glock 43 ? StealthGearUSA Ventilated, concealed carry gun holsters

#23 ·
The ones I actually use on a regular basis...RKBA for pocket holsters and assorted Galco and Bianchi shoulder rigs

In the holster box...too many to worth mentioning here.

One thing all my holsters have in common is leather. I don't like kydex or other plastic type holsters.

#24 ·
I have tried both N82 Tactical and Cooks holsters. Both are nice but I had ultimately had issues with them. I currently use Foxx Holsters for all my handguns. Specifically the "Little Foxx" hybrid. I have been using them for several months now and am very happy with them.

#26 ·
Foxx Little Foxx hybrid. I have one each for my Nano, S&W 640, and my Sig P-938. I had used and liked a Crossbreed Quik-clip but the Foxx is easier to take on and off in the car, and I'm in and out of GFZ's quite a bit.

I also have a Tagua pocket holster that works for both the Nano or the 640 in a coat pocket for dog walking in colder weather.

Walking the narrow road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.