GUNBELT SAMPLE FOR REVIEW -- Opinions Welcome!

This is a discussion on GUNBELT SAMPLE FOR REVIEW -- Opinions Welcome! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a gunbelt I put together a few days ago. It's on its way to Arizona. The camera flash reddened it up quite a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GUNBELT SAMPLE FOR REVIEW -- Opinions Welcome!

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar

This is a gunbelt I put together a few days ago. It's on its way to Arizona. The camera flash reddened it up quite a bit...actual color is mahogany. It's 1 1/2" wide, 1/4" thick, doubled & stitched Hermann Oak with solid brass hardware and the dreaded Chicago screws. It's also hand-stamped with a simple centered border pattern.

All opinions, good, bad, etc., are welcome. Along with any questions--I'm sure I forgot something.

Last edited by QKShooter; March 9th, 2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Resize Photo - add 1 more photo ~ QKShooter

VIP Member
    That thing looks STURDY. I'm no leather expert, but it looks like a fine piece of work that will certainly do the job it's intended to.

My only change would be the buckle finish - I'm just not a fan of brass/gold colored buckles, but I know many people are and it is purely a matter of preference.

All in all, though, thumbs up from this leather layman...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Moderator
    Looks good, I don't see a product list on your website
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

That looks really nice! Very classy!
    I've used that buckle a few times for customers, and have one on a personal belt that I wear. I had a customer request it initially, telling me that Bruce Nelson used them. I was skeptical if it would hold at first, but I've been wearing it regularly and liking it more and more.
    So, just curious, why do refer to the screw posts as "dreaded"?
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Looks good! Biker will be happy. As to the "dreaded" screws, why don't you like them? It allows one to change out the buckle if they want to.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

whr can i get one?
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    I agree with Mark...very very nice. I like the tooling alot. Nice job.
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

That's a good lookin' belt!

Thanks everybody...and I was half-kidding on the Chicago screws...I'm partial to snaps. I don't know it for fact, but I'd guess I've probably lost more of those things than anybody (even with Loctite, etc.) on belts, bridles...

I don't have these on a product list on the website. I just wasn't technically bright enough to post the picture here on the forum, so I created a couple of blank pages to host it on my site with a link from here.

Looks very nice! How much does one like that cost?

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    The other view looks good too

http://gibsonprorodeo.com/GUNBEL2.jpg
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Thanks, p8triot for finding that one...it's the one that went south when I posted. Operator error on my part.

Mark's right about the buckle--first time I tried one I had my doubts, but it's a chunky, stout thing, and to me it seems the more pressure you put on it, the tighter it holds. It's also available in polished chrome brass.

Pricewise, they'll run from $89 delivered (plain--no stamping) to $109 delivered with the border stamp like the one in the pictures. I haven't set anything up on the website for them yet--I've got a few more to finish and I'll post some more pictures.

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    Thanks, p8triot for finding that one...it's the one that went south when I posted. Operator error on my part.

Mark's right about the buckle--first time I tried one I had my doubts, but it's a chunky, stout thing, and to me it seems the more pressure you put on it, the tighter it holds. It's also available in polished chrome brass.

Pricewise, they'll run from $89 delivered (plain--no stamping) to $109 delivered with the border stamp like the one in the pictures. I haven't set anything up on the website for them yet--I've got a few more to finish and I'll post some more pictures.
    You're welcome. I just wish I could swing one right now, it'd be great for that BBQ gun, but I keep spending all my money on guns, mags, and ammo.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Looks like a fine job to me! Nice stamping job there as well.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Thanks, everybody. I appreciate the kind words. And heck, three of the premiere holster-makers chimed in...that's just awesome!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links