Kahr P9 Recommendations

Kahr P9 Recommendations

This is a discussion on Kahr P9 Recommendations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good Day: I am soliciting opinions regarding an IWB holster for a Kahr P9. I would like to find a holster that lends itself well ...

Thread: Kahr P9 Recommendations

Kahr P9 Recommendations

Good Day:

I am soliciting opinions regarding an IWB holster for a Kahr P9. I would like to find a holster that lends itself well to being worn at the three o'clock position directly on the hip. I want to find the most versatile holster I can in an attempt to mitigate the inevitable collection of holsters I know I will have as an end result. My only requirement is that it be comfortable at the three o’clock position”, any thing else is negotiable. Any and all considerations are greatly appreciated as I have no clue regarding experience and real practical application. Thanks again.

James

VIP Member
    My COM IWB holster by Eric Larsen for my Kahr P9 Covert (same slide/barrel as the P9) is extremely comfortable and concealable.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I use either a Milt Sparks Summer Special or a Mitch Rosen for my Kahr TP-9 which is just slightly longer in barrel length (both of them actually are made for a Sig 229 but fit the Kahr just fine (for now).

If you can stand the wait, Milt Sparks, Gary Broomland or Eric Larsen come highly recommended. If you need one NOW you might look at Galco. There good but not on the level of a custom holster (and their is a difference but that thread has been covered pretty well).
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I absolutely adore my comp-tac C-tac for my p9... I also use one for my glock 19 and 26. I'm a huge fan. I carry it in many positions anywhere from 2:30 - 5:30. I usually reside at 4. The ctac is so thin that with a very thin gun like the p9 I can usually conceal it with a t-shirt that actually fits! Not 1 size up. Depending on your age Might I also suggest levi's low rise boot cut jeans, they fit with or without the rig. The only difference is with it rides about an inch higher on the waist (on me)

APBT

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ill suggest you talk to some of the makers here on the board for the utmost in utility and comfort , that being said i am still using the hume straight drop clip on that got thrown in with my p9 lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Does anyone have experience with the Changeling? It seems to be as versatile a holster as possible or would I be better off with a holster with two points securing on the belt such as an versamax etc.?? Thanks again.
    Last edited by Interloper; March 14th, 2007 at 04:16 PM.

Links