Comp-tac Infidel

Comp-tac Infidel

This is a discussion on Comp-tac Infidel within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A couple of weeks back I traded my Glock G27 in on a new S&W M&P .40 compact. I love the gun. But I suddenly ...

Thread: Comp-tac Infidel

Comp-tac Infidel

A couple of weeks back I traded my Glock G27 in on a new S&W M&P .40 compact. I love the gun. But I suddenly did not have a good holster anymore. Well, I quickly ordered a Cochise Defender form K&D Holsters. Unfortunately, quick plays no part in how soon I receive the holster. That is just fine with me though because I know that when it arrives, I will have what I feel is the nicest holster that my money can buy. I can hardly wait until it arrives!!
    Anyway, back to the point of this post. I also ordered on Friday an Infidel from Comp-tac. It arrived the following Wednesday. I have had a couple of their holsters in the past and feel that in the Kydex arena, they are some of the best. I looked at both the Infidel and the CTAC. The CTAC is a very nice holster but it is also very similar in design to the leather holster I am getting from K&D. So I went with the Infidel, set up in the Gurkha configuration. With this set up, I have a very comfortable solid holster that is also very stable. I can remove the back strut and have just the holster also. There are other attachments that you can buy to set it up differently also. It is a very versatile holster.
    Here are a couple of pics. Sorry, there are not any with the gun as the gun at work is kind of frowned on. Maybe I can add some with the gun later.

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Nice.
    My friend and co-worker (and member of this board as well) Cubsmurf just showed me his Infidel tonight at work. He is quite happy with his and I am now considering ordering one.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I carry my XD45C in an Infidel and love it. I like it better then the CTAC.

Landor,

I just got my CTAC and am happy with it. What do you like more about the Infidel? I picked the CTAC because the clips are further apart for a stable platform. I thought that having the clip directly on the holster might make it a little thicker, whereas having the front clip forward of the holster aids in concealment.

Please tell me if I am wrong, as I have never examined an Infidel in person.

NY27,
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Landor,

I just got my CTAC and am happy with it. What do you like more about the Infidel? I picked the CTAC because the clips are further apart for a stable platform. I thought that having the clip directly on the holster might make it a little thicker, whereas having the front clip forward of the holster aids in concealment.

Please tell me if I am wrong, as I have never examined an Infidel in person.

NY27,
    The clips are further apart on a CTAC and that's what I like about the infidel. It is just as stable and since the clip is on the holster it does not get in the way of my front pocket and when I wear my cover shirt un buttoned the clip is not so close to the open shirt. Being the clip is on the holster it does make it thicker but not that much as far as concealment goes. I wear mine at about 3:30 on my right side so you can imagine where the front clip will be on a CTAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    The clips are further apart on a CTAC and that's what I like about the infidel. It is just as stable and since the clip is on the holster it does not get in the way of my front pocket and when I wear my cover shirt un buttoned the clip is not so close to the open shirt. Being the clip is on the holster it does make it thicker but not that much as far as concealment goes. I wear mine at about 3:30 on my right side so you can imagine where the front clip will be on a CTAC.

Thank you. Mabe I will give it a try when I have some money burning a hole in my pocket.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I finally got some more pictures taken with my gun in the holster.

Ron

Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

I cut the sweat shield off of all my holsters. They just poke me in the ribs..

Nice Ront !. Did you add the sweat shield to the Cohise Defender ??

I've found that to be a very nice feature on my IWB holsters. Keeps the slide from poking me.

very nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    I cut the sweat shield off of all my holsters. They just poke me in the ribs..
    I am just the opposite. If the holster does not have the sweat shield as standard, I always ask for it to be added. I would prefer the slide not to be against my skin.
    Yes sass20485, I did request the sweat shield with my Cochise Defender.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Quote Originally Posted by ront View Post
    I am just the opposite. If the holster does not have the sweat shield as standard, I always ask for it to be added. I would prefer the slide not to be against my skin.
    Yes sass20485, I did request the sweat shield with my Cochise Defender.

Ron

I wear an under shirt, under armour to be exact. The gun just slided on that stuff. There are times when I remove the gun from the holster but not remove the holster. The kydex sweat shield is so skinny that it pokes me right between the ribs. The slide is wider or thicker and does not poke me. It is a body style thing I guess.

I generally have a shirt between the holster and my skin, but sometimes I don't and that is why I prefer having the sweat guard.

Ron
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

Sponsored Links