Return to High Noon

Return to High Noon

This is a discussion on Return to High Noon within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am back to the Mr. Softy/Taurus. Have temporarily (?) retired the LC9/Kydex because of magazine release button issues. It only happened once, but that's ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By PAcanis
  • 2 Post By GeorgiaCarry
  • 1 Post By Doorman55
  • 1 Post By CPLYank
  • 1 Post By royal barnes

Thread: Return to High Noon

Return to High Noon

I am back to the Mr. Softy/Taurus. Have temporarily (?) retired the LC9/Kydex because of magazine release button issues. It only happened once, but that's enough. Ruger had better shape up!

Thought this was a Gary Cooper thread

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    ....or at least an old western

GeorgiaCarry
    PAcanis and CPLYank like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What kind of issue is it? Did it drop while you were shooting?

or a made for TV sequel starring Jon Voight!
    CPLYank likes this.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight, you need to take your time in a hurry" Wyatt Earp

USAF Retired
    Wire Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by CalCarry View Post
    What kind of issue is it? Did it drop while you were shooting?
    I had been in the car for a while. When I got home, I unholstered, and the magazine was sticking out a 1/4", or so. According to forums, there are problems with USA-made magazines, the magazine release spring is too weak, and some of the releases don't fit the magazine notches correctly. Ruger is replacing magazines, sending out springs/latches, and offering factory service.

Youtubers claim they replaced latches in 5-10 minutes; I figure at least an hour for this guy.
    I have trouble keeping my thumb off the latch; probably bumped it a little while drawing.

@Doorman55: "Midnight Cowboy" is a great movie. Time for me to watch it again!
    CalCarry likes this.

High Noon is pretty much my go-to for leather holsters. I have one from them for all of my carry guns. Their quality is consistent, shipping is quick and fit is very good.

I just ordered a high noon bare asset for my m&p45c. Seems like a good holster for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by CPLYank View Post
    I had been in the car for a while. When I got home, I unholstered, and the magazine was sticking out a 1/4", or so. According to forums, there are problems with USA-made magazines, the magazine release spring is too weak, and some of the releases don't fit the magazine notches correctly. Ruger is replacing magazines, sending out springs/latches, and offering factory service.

Youtubers claim they replaced latches in 5-10 minutes; I figure at least an hour for this guy.
    I have trouble keeping my thumb off the latch; probably bumped it a little while drawing.

@Doorman55: "Midnight Cowboy" is a great movie. Time for me to watch it again!
    I have a shield 40 that I carry at times and being a lefty I do occasionally bump the mag release on something and the mag releases. It sits about 1/4 " out of the mag well (like yours did) but does not fall out completely. Is it possible you bumped the mag release button? Has it happened more than once?

Twice, I think. It may have something to do with my digging my thumb in to achieve a "full combat grip." The Kydex (StayHolstered) covers the button pretty well, so I kind of doubt that pressure against my hip would be enough to press the release. I strongly suspect the mag release spring... and a careless thumb. Not too much I can do about the latter.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    I was waiting for old Tex to start singing.
    CPLYank likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links