The Cant Factor - Page 2

The Cant Factor

This is a discussion on The Cant Factor within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Matt's stuff looks great---but at my age, I do not buy green bananas, so a year wait for anything is out of the question. Too ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cant Factor

Matt's stuff looks great---but at my age, I do not buy green bananas, so a year wait for anything is out of the question. Too many fine makers deliver in 30 days.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Richard
    Put me down in the zero cant column for a belt holster. Regards, Richard :D

Hey Guys!

I take a little different approach, since there are already several guys making really good holsters w/ a minimal or zero cant.
    My IWB's are angled at about 24 degrees - this makes them draw about perfectly from the 4:00 to 4:30 position. On a male anatomy, there is usually a "hollow" over the right kidney, just below the bottom rib - this allows me to tuck the pistol's grip area into this recess so that a straight drop cover garment hides it completely without any printing.
    Everything in concealment is a series of compromises, and this is no different. The downside is a slightly longer draw time, but the payoff is that you can carry a full sized defensive handgun (like a 5" 1911) and conceal it under a tee shirt in a hot climate.
    The vast majority of my customers really like this approach, once they have goten used to it. However, everyone is different, and what works for one person will not necessarily be optimal for the next guy.

I like a 15 degree cant.
    Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders. by Jerry VanCook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links