New IWB HBE Holster: Com 3...

This is a discussion on New IWB HBE Holster: Com 3... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello. HBE Leatherworks is a custom holster shop in which the ower, proprietor, maker, clerk, and custodian are one fellow: Eric Larsen. Mr. Larsen's line ...

Thread: New IWB HBE Holster: Com 3...

1951 - 2011

New IWB HBE Holster: Com 3...

Hello. HBE Leatherworks is a custom holster shop in which the ower, proprietor, maker, clerk, and custodian are one fellow: Eric Larsen. Mr. Larsen's line of holsters are both expanding and evolving into what I think are really high-quality equipment for folks needing a holster that can be counted upon.

Shown are the Com 3 IWB holster for the "forty-five automatic" and my lightly-modified Springfield Armory Mil-Spec which served as "test gun" for the Com 3.

Cutting to the chase, I found the holster to not only be comfortable but designed such that concealment under a loose-fitting shirt was easy. The holster does not shift after hours of wear and I found it to allow for a proper grip on the pistol prior to a quick presentation. It fits the gun quite tightly at first, but with use it eventually holds the gun firmly enough that it will not launch itself during strenuous activity (read that "fight") or if the wearer is running, something I think most would agree is important. It distributes weight such that carrying the all-steel and fully-loaded 1911-based handgun was the proverbial "piece of cake."

As some might know, Mr. Larsen is coming back from particularly rough and repeated personal setbacks and tragedies. He advised me that he's working as quickly as he can w/o sacrificing quality to catch up on previously ordered goods. When asked about the expected wait time for a Com 3, he advised "3 to 6 months." Mr. Larsen also added that if the buyer is wanting the holster made of an exotic hide such as alligator, the price and the wait would be longer.

Based on my personal use of the holster, I think the product is well worth the wait.

For those interested in this or any other HBE holster, a much more detailed report as well as contact and HBE site location, pricing & options available to the buyer, here's the link:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/a...r_for_1911.htm

The holster as shown in this post is priced at $89.00, which includes delivery costs via USPS Priority Mail.

Whether you are a law enforcement officer or private citizen lawfully carrying concealed, I believe that this holster is worth a serious look.

Best.
    Last edited by Stephen A. Camp; March 15th, 2007 at 12:04 AM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I have some of Eric's holsters with more on the way. Very good quality. I'll echo Mr. Camp's statement: They are worth the wait.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

VIP Member
    Eric is a true master leathersmith....as a fan of his, I own several of his holsters.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Looks like a MaxConV to me.
    Both are very nice Holsters!
    LIVE FREE OR DIE

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well guys thanks greatly for the compliments! I appreciate it...alot.

The version of the 1911 Com 3 that Mr. Camp got was actually designed by me and a customer of mine. The general shape may remind you of Garys IWB's...but they are built differently. Its basically a 1911 Com 3 with a comfort tab at the bottom. Many makers use this on IWB's....Alessi, Del Fatti, Gary and others as well.

Here are a couple of the 1911 Com 3's that are available...including the one Mr. Camp got.

Anyway....thanks for all of the kind words and a most sincere thanks to Mr. Camp for a great write up.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

VIP Member
    ....Eric.....if any of those are for a Commander slide/barrel, I'll buy it.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Actually, they are all for customers. I just happened to have them done within a short time from each other and thought they would make a good pic. If you want one for a commander...just call me.
    Did you get your HK Stuff yet?????????/

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    Did you get your HK Stuff yet?????????/

Shoot well and god bless
    Oh yes sir I did!!!

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...623#post318623

Links