who makes a 1.25" nylon gun belt?

This is a discussion on who makes a 1.25" nylon gun belt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, Does anyone know who makes a high-quality 1.25" nylon gun belt (preferably someone that can ship it within a few days)? I just ...

Thread: who makes a 1.25" nylon gun belt?

Hi all,

Does anyone know who makes a high-quality 1.25" nylon gun belt (preferably someone that can ship it within a few days)? I just got my Sidearmor IWB with 1.25" belt loops for my Glock 19, but my 1.25" Rafter S gun belt is too darn thick and wide to fit it! Thanks!

Chris

JD
    Administrator
    5.11 and Backyard Outfitter

http://www.511tactical.com/index.asp?dlrID=511&dept=61

http://www.backyardoutfitter.com/ProductPages/belts.htm

And if you look in the holster links on this Forum, Gary Brommeland carries the Wilderness Belts from Backyard Outfitter/Woolrich

Also check out: TheOfficerStore.com, they're in Coaettsville and you can pick one up during the week, they have the 5.11 belts.

This guy is in York (4790 West Market Street (route 30) York, 17404, just west of the 116/30 split. )and may have what you need also
    http://www.stubbygear.com/catalog.asp

I appreciate the info, jdlv4_0. I may try either the Wilderness Ring Belt (reinforced 5-stitchor Combat Shooters Model) or the Uncle Mike's Reinforced Dress Belt. Both are 1.25".

I've been to the new Stubby Gear store. The owner is very nice, and it still working on getting his FFL transfered. Once it is, he'll be carrying some nice rifles and other firearms. I'll have to call him to se eif he has an belts in stock.

Chris

JD
    Administrator
    Happy to help, I haven't been to Stubby's store yet, but I plan on going sooner or later.

By the way...

If I did go with the Wilderness Ring Belt, does anyone have a recommendation on whether I should go with the 5-stitch or CSM version, given that the belt will only be 1.25" wide? I was initially thinking CSM, but I don't want it *too* stiff. I'd only be carrying my Glock 19 in a Sidearmor IWB with one extra magazine. Thanks!

Chris

Even in 1.25" width, I would think that a 5-stitch would be adequate for most all IWB applications. For OWB, the polymer lining might have some merit in that width.
    I have an order that is scheduled to ship from The Wilderness later today. If you call me right away, I might be able to add another belt for you and save the wait....

chis17404, I just purchased a wilderness 1.5-5 stitch from Gary earlier this week. After answering a bunch of questions on sizes that they probally hear 20 times a week, the order was taken over the phone. That was my first experience dealing with Gary and his wife. They are great people to speak to and very easy to deal with. If your looking for a distributor I would suggest making the call. If nothing else you will end the conversation better educated. Good luck

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    By the way...

If I did go with the Wilderness Ring Belt, does anyone have a recommendation on whether I should go with the 5-stitch or CSM version, given that the belt will only be 1.25" wide? I was initially thinking CSM, but I don't want it *too* stiff. I'd only be carrying my Glock 19 in a Sidearmor IWB with one extra magazine. Thanks!

Chris
    Your load may change over time, personally I'd go stiff.

I have the Wilderness frequent flyer 5-stitch in 1.25"; it's not a bad belt. If I used it to frequently carry all my duty gear (radio and a whole bunch of other crap), I'd probably like to have the CSM, but the 5-stitch does fine with a gun and ammo and maybe handcuffs. I've heard the CSM is pretty uncomfortable to wear, esp. for skinny guys, though, so I'm staying away from it for now.

IWB works great with 5 stitch. My own is a 1.5" to carry an XD .45 service in Sparks w-6. Any stiffer would be too much. Just my own observations & opinion. (wilderness ring belt)
    g
    Last edited by GeeVee; March 15th, 2007 at 09:21 PM. Reason: add id.
    I.C.E.?? dial 1 911 !!!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I have to say....I own a Instructor Belt by Galco that has a stiffner and I would highly recommend that unless your carrying a full rack of gear that you not get one. By a full rack of gear I mean gun, ammo, batton, cuffs, raido, oc spray, ect.

However if your carrying just a pistol and mags, the 5 stitch will work just fine.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Thanks for all the help, guys. My Frequent Flyer 5-stitch is on it's way!

Chris

Links