Bruce Gibson Belt

This is a discussion on Bruce Gibson Belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, I've had the belt for a bit and have been able to put it through it's paces. It's a well made belt with a ...

Thread: Bruce Gibson Belt

Bruce Gibson Belt

OK, I've had the belt for a bit and have been able to put it through it's paces.

It's a well made belt with a good stitch job. The stitching is precise and uniform, as it should be. The thickness of the leather is about right. Aside from the tooling, I can't tell a difference between it and my Ted Blocker belt.

The Gibson belt is firm without being too stiff for day to day wear. When one puts a holster on the belt it doesn't sag, which is very important to me, so that I can have maximum concealability. The tooling and the dye are first class, but that is just "cosmetics".

I am more interested in the functionality of any product I use. In short, if it looks pretty, but doesn't do the job I need it to do I have no use for it. In short, this does the job.

I agree with Bruce, having played with horses and cows for years, Chicago Screws stink! I much prefer snaps. Otherwise the belt is A Number 1. I look to be wearing this belt for years. Right now I'm on my fourth year with my Ted Blocker Belt and I think this one will last longer, and I'll wear it more. By the way, I still have a lot of years left with the Ted Blocker belt too.

This belt has no plastic "stiffener" nor does it need it. The quality of the leather is self evident when you pick the belt up in your hands. I showed it to a salesman in a clothing store, and he said, "You must think our belts feel like paper to you." I smiled and said, "Yup."

In short, this belt is not too think, but is "just right" as Goldilocks said.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

Got A Picture Or E-mail Address?

I tried to look up Bruce Gibson Belts and could not find anything...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Bruce is a member of the forum, and he has a link to his website from there.

He post under his name, Bruce Gibson. You could also do a search for Bruce Gibson Rodeo Equipment. He's just getting in to holster making, does bullropes, saddles and other cowboy stuff.

Biker

Links